Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey all ,
Was going to look at and pick up what I thought was an 05 renegade , I thought 05 gades had a ptek? What motor is this? Looks like a straight 800 . Thanks for any help
Tire Land vehicle Wheel Automotive tire Motorcycle

·
Premium Member
28,154 Posts
From the hood, the frame, the tuned pipe, the plastics, the coolant bottle, headlights and plastic above, it is a Generation 1 REV. From the dual cylinders it is definitely not an 800R, so an 800HO. With no knock sensor near the front of the head then it is a simple 800HO without the P-TEK. It is still a nice engine.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks , ya that’s what I thought to , he claims it’s an 05 renegade but I believe from my research all 05 gades had a ptek, so it must just be an 05 mxz . Not a big deal for me , it’s a good price with very low miles . Did the 05 800 have the ring problems ? I had 2 03 800s years ago and I know those had delaminating rings. Thanks for all the help everyone

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
With a 15-16 year old sled engine with normal mileage, I expect the rings have served their useful life by now. Along with crank bearings and seals.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ya the crank bearings and seal I was on the fence about , engine has 2300 miles on it , I will def do rings . See how it looks when I get the sled . Thanks again

·
Premium Member
28,154 Posts
FYI, the twin 800 is the precursor to the 800HO with slight changes to the port timing, which turned into the 800HO P-TEK, then 800R P-TEK, and eventually the 800R E-TEC.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts