Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what does the front skid shock controll besides weight tansfer. if i crank it all the way up how will it afect the ride of my sled. i need to get rid of the weight on the front of this sled.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Reduces your steering, will help reduce bottoming out as well. I found adding 2 full turns pretty well stopped the bottoming out, but I lost a bit of the railing effect. Next I will lower the ski shocks currently at (3) down to (~2.25) hoping to get back the railing.

My 0.02

I am 6ft. 225

·
Registered
831 Posts
2 full turn from stock or 2 full turns from it's loosest setting? Also, by going from 3 to 2 on the front ski springs you'll reduce ski pressure and reduce railing right?

·
Registered
479 Posts
Sorry guys, that was increasing pressure 2 turns from stock (whatever that is). Decreasing pressure on the ski shock springs will lower the front adding more weight to the skis adding back the railing effect.

·
Registered
489 Posts
LouMan said:
Sorry guys, that was increasing pressure 2 turns from stock (whatever that is). Decreasing pressure on the ski shock springs will lower the front adding more weight to the skis adding back the railing effect.
[snapback]689994[/snapback]​
Sorry , but I have to disagree. The result of adding preload to the center and lowering preload/ride height in the front will each have an effect of reducing weight on the skis.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts