Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Wondering if anyone can provide accurate cost for either a new top end, or a new create engine replacement ?

If anyone has had their sled into a dealer for either service lately id like some feed back. 600 or 800 etec.

Looking at a few used sleds with higher km's that would likely need service within the season.

Any info would help the brain decide which way to go.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Hey guys,

Wondering if anyone can provide accurate cost for either a new top end, or a new create engine replacement ?
If anyone has had their sled into a dealer for either service lately id like some feed back. 600 or 800 etec.

Looking at a few used sleds with higher km's that would likely need service within the season.

Any info would help the brain decide which way to go.
Complete used drop in engines etec 800's on Kijiji from 1000-1800 depending what comes on them. Saw one for 800 which is a steal.

Short block 2250 and up.

Top end. 150-175 a piston plus gasket set.

Then labor. Rates as high as 100-130 an hour depending on which shop you use.

I'd be doing a used drop in without a doubt if the entire engine was blown.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
What year and model u looking at. Some had recalls so the milage might not be that big of a factor.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
anything listed usually notes if the km are all original or if they've had replacement parts in the motor at a certain km marker...

likely going with a 15/16 Renegade X ( not that that should alter an engine repair ) I'm considering both engine sizes 600 and 800 as noted. I've had a 600 etc run strong past 15,000km. Little more worried with an 800 at that mile marker... altho sleds coming out of QC have that and more for km on stock motors.

Trying to gauge if a sled with 3-4k less km is worth X amount of dollars more vs a higher miles, less dollar sled... Wheres the tipping point in that equation, is where I'm stuck.

Thanks for some $ info tho.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts