Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was talking sleds with a guy at work and he asked me what size engine the guys were running at the X-games? I thought about it for a second and had no idea myself.

Are these guys running on 440s, or are they 800s in a 440 race chassis? What class are they running?

I know it's kind of a newbie question, sorry.

·
RIP Old 600
2,646 Posts
tughillterror said:
440's
[snapback]705793[/snapback]​
u sure?? i remember the announcers sain that the were 600 mod engines they were racing. i have no idea. does anybody know what classes r used in each race?? ie hillclimbs, snocross, ect.

Andrew

·
ITs WINTER!
7,500 Posts
They are switching to 600cc i believe its going to be for the 06/07 season.

·
ITs WINTER!
7,500 Posts
ok, i guess it was this year then...

·
ITs WINTER!
7,500 Posts
that would make sense, why buy/run a 440 when everyone else will be on 600's walking your "edit for bad language"?

·
Premium Member
11,601 Posts
They were running 600 mods at the X games.

I was told at race school that the 440X race sled will cease being manufactured after the 2008 model build.

Current sleds run under WPSA Racing are 440 Pro Stock and 600 Open Mod.

I for one, sure miss the 800 Open Mod sleds.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
But they are just as fast as the 800's and plenty of snap even more so than the 800's since they are lighter and spool up quicker. Talked to the Amzoil team and they are getting as much HP out of the 600 MOd's that they were getting last year on the 800's so maybe they are on to something

·
ITs WINTER!
7,500 Posts
On the track i wouldnt doubt the 600 could beat up the 800s. Put them on the strip and the 800 will show it whats up though.

·
Registered
31 Posts
my buddy races here in western canada and he races in both classes. 440 stock, but can do clutch work and 440 open class, and for that one he has thousands of dollars into his engine.

For a laugh we disconnected his limiter stars and with one on the seat and one guy sitting on the front he was able to stand it up straight(but on a good hard pack) (thats his 440 mod)

He told me next year it will be only 600 stock and 600 open. no more 440's. (maybe because of the four strokes????)

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Just a guess but;

This will be a good thing. It may just make a new market nich that we as consumers will be able to buy. Instead of having to buy a 440 roller and drop in a 800 you can buy a 600 race sled. They may have 4 levels of sleds.

1 Trail
2 Adrenaline
3 x Package
4 600 Race

What do you think?

·
planes take off against the wind
15,035 Posts
This post has nothing to do with the thread.
I am shamelessly trying to clear POOSUCKS from the last postings....

Something about seeing that ID....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.