Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just read a dealer invoice I had in the garage dated Dec 16/05 for 2 BR8ECS plugs....

I was charged, and like a dummy, paid.... $26.03 Cdn tax included, for 2 FRIKKIN plugs!! Broken down, it's $11.32 each Plus 15% tax.

No wonder EYA's are popular. The local Canadian Tire charges $4.59 Cdn tax included for 2 BR9EYA plugs, that's $1.99 each plus the tax.

Hmmmmmm, $11.32 or $1.99 for a plug that lasts and performs the very same??

Causes me to wonder what BRP's "greasy kickback" on these dealer-only supplied ECS plugs really is.....

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
They were about $8.00 US last time I checked. I can buy 4 eya's for the price of one those friggen plugs....................LOL

·
Registered
37 Posts
1Gunner said:
I just read a dealer invoice I had in the garage dated Dec 16/05 for 2 BR8ECS plugs....

I was charged, and like a dummy, paid.... $26.03 Cdn tax included, for 2 FRIKKIN plugs!! Broken down, it's $11.32 each Plus 15% tax.

No wonder EYA's are popular. The local Canadian Tire charges $4.59 Cdn tax included for 2 BR9EYA plugs, that's $1.99 each plus the tax.

Hmmmmmm, $11.32 or $1.99 for a plug that lasts and performs the very same??

Causes me to wonder what BRP's "greasy kickback" on these dealer-only supplied ECS plugs really is.....

you can order the plugs from any auto parts store ( napa ) there about $5.50
a plug. the ecs only come in ten packs, figures i havent fouled a plug yet,
almost 500 mi. anyway i plan on keeping it for a couple years.

later squid

[snapback]688405[/snapback]​

·
Registered
522 Posts
My dealer charges $10 tax in per ECS. On the other hand he charged me $27 tax in for 4 EYAs
...... didnt know you could get them at Crappy Tire

·
Registered
901 Posts
10 bucks a plug is about the price so if you want the ski-doo recomended plug you better be ready to pay you better hope you don't foul to many

·
Registered
850 Posts
Last year I bought a box of br9ecs's at napa for less than 50. Dont know if the 8's are higher or not. The dealer used to ding me around 7.50 per plug.

·
Extreme Warantee Tester
1,418 Posts
My riding partner owns 2 auto repair shops and he said his cost on the BR8ECS is over 8 bucks each. (Canadian) He was a little shocked himself!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Going rate for the ecs' is much higher than es and eya. They are a better plug (notice the weld) We sell them for 9.99 + tax at our gas station. I think most dealers sell them for around 11-12 + tax, Northern stores sell them for like 14 bucks + tax! but they specialize in high prices.

·
www.kalcoinspections.com
3,186 Posts
The ecs plugs are 4.59us, when in stock, at Luzerne hardware in northern lower MI. $4.87 online, dealers are gouging (as usual).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.