Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Flyin Fox Daddy X3
31,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read the pre-season maintenance threads and wanted to know what guys carry in their trailers for road side repairs? Some guys did list that they carry 1 or 2 spare tires, an extra hub, jack, 4 way lug wrench, grease gun, wrenches/tools... anything else? Foam pad to lay on. Carhartt suit to throw on. Can of penetrating oil and some anti-seize. Blocks of wood for the jack. Flashlight/Headlamp!

Tools: Screwdrivers, Hammer, Channel Locks, Wire cutters, Wrenches, Socket set...

I carried a propane torch with me in my old trailer because the rear door would freeze shut quite often. My current trailer has a drip rail over the rear door and I haven't had any issues with it freezing shut.

·
Premium Member
8,093 Posts
Pretty much everything listed above plus a battery operated propane torpedo heater that can also run off electric. Battery will last about four hours.

·
Registered
82 Posts
add a 3" ratchet strap. if you have a tandem axle trailer you can strap up one side if you run out of spare tires or really screw something up like break a hub or axle. It's a simple way to limp to a gas station or pullout on the side of the road

·
Premium Member
8,093 Posts
add a 3" ratchet strap. if you have a tandem axle trailer you can strap up one side if you run out of spare tires or really screw something up like break a hub or axle. It's a simple way to limp to a gas station or pullout on the side of the road
Never thought of that--Good idea.

·
Registered
8,790 Posts
I have a spare tire in my trailer and a toolbox in the truckbed with enough tools to repair anything that could need to be fixed. Also a small floor jack and sled jack stand

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
I also carry a craftsman impact battery gun to pull the lug nuts off fast I'm glad I'm never had to use it. Came in handy for changing skegs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Flyin Fox Daddy X3
31,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Does anyone carry one of these different styles of jacks?

For single axles trailers.

FH11APR_TWOJAC_04.JPG

FH11APR_TWOJAC_03.JPG

Or tandem axle trailers.

FH11APR_TWOJAC_01.JPG

FH11APR_TWOJAC_02.JPG

Make your own out of wood.

FXEEQ8TH1HMDLCB.SQUARE3.jpg

6239555.jpg

Trailer%20Aid%20Yellow%20and%20Black.jpg

·
Registered
317 Posts
IMAG0726.jpg IMAG0727.jpg I have a fire extinguisher mounted inside the man door, Road Flares, Paper Towels Mounted on the wall, Peg Board, Aluminum Shelf for oil, 110 cords and lights, torpedo heater, and a "homemade hyfax holder". I used 4" ADS Pipe and self-tapping screw to attach above the door. Despite all of my creativity, there is a still items on the floor that have to moved to load sleds!

Attachments

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
Yep that's the one I carry also.
I feel the same I have all these holders and I still that stuff on the floor. my tiedowns hang on the wall, with oil and everything and I'm still kicking stuff around
a8a3anuz.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Does anyone carry one of these different styles of jacks?

For single axles trailers.

FH11APR_TWOJAC_04.JPG

FH11APR_TWOJAC_03.JPG
Yes, I have one of these. Never had to use it on the road. Only a dry run in the driveway to see if it would actually work and it worked quite well.

I also carry an extra set of lug nuts and 4 extra wheel studs.

·
Premium Member
8,429 Posts
I have read the pre-season maintenance threads and wanted to know what guys carry in their trailers for road side repairs? Some guys did list that they carry 1 or 2 spare tires, an extra hub, jack, 4 way lug wrench, grease gun, wrenches/tools... anything else? Foam pad to lay on. Carhartt suit to throw on. Can of penetrating oil and some anti-seize. Blocks of wood for the jack. Flashlight/Headlamp!

Tools: Screwdrivers, Hammer, Channel Locks, Wire cutters, Wrenches, Socket set...

I carried a propane torch with me in my old trailer because the rear door would freeze shut quite often. My current trailer has a drip rail over the rear door and I haven't had any issues with it freezing shut.
A propane torch is a great idea.

I will also add that I carry a small crow-bar. This way I can use the propane torch to heat up the ice, and the crow-bar to break the ice free.

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
I don't carry anything other than a spare tire and a 4way. If I get a flat, I will keep driving until I get to a safe spot to pull over and repair it. Let's face it! 99% of small snowmobile trailer tires come with rims so who cares if you mess it up. $80 is better than dead or paralyzed.

Even in my vehicles, if I get a flat, I pull into the nearest right turn. Driveway, farm approach, etc. I make sure I am always facing traffic so if my passenger rear tire goes out, I back into the area. If front driver, pull in.

Used to be a PO so I am well aware of high speed impacts.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
spare wiring harness, butt splices, elec tape and wire cutter. twice over the years I've had to rewire a trailer roadside, fixed it enough to get home then fixed it right with heat shrink tubing and solder, esp with a clamshell it's easy to lose the ground.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts