Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I want a new skidoo cover for my 14 freeride and I know there is a fitment guide on line, but does it take in consideration of hand guards? I also have a skinz hd front bumper. Just seeing what people have experienced! Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I was given a skidoo one for my 14 x and it fit with hand guards even with the little mirrors on HG's. It was the clip one rap clip or something like that. It is model specific

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm looking more less for the rap clip. I have a low windshield but was wondering if I should buy the lo/xl lo, Or mid to high cover with having a larger front bumper and hand guards as all the mountain sleds don't come with hand guards.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I'm looking more less for the rap clip. I have a low windshield but was wondering if I should buy the lo/xl lo, Or mid to high cover with having a larger front bumper and hand guards as all the mountain sleds don't come with hand guards.

It is pretty form fitting , tight cover (the rap clip) so it doesn't flap if it being trailered.

It goes on easier than the others. I didn't have trouble with mine with the clips at all.

Until I saw your question, I forgot I even had it oops.

I used it as an overnight cover once and one season in storage. It is a nice cover.

My sled is kept inside in a heated garage at camp so the cover wasn't really needed.

The intense covers seemed to have more give to them like baggy pants.

The Rap clip is like a tailored jacket imo.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It is pretty form fitting , tight cover (the rap clip) so it doesn't flap if it being trailered.
It goes on easier than the others. I didn't have trouble with mine with the clips at all.
Until I saw your question, I forgot I even had it oops.
I used it as an overnight cover once and one season in storage. It is a nice cover.
My sled is kept inside in a heated garage at camp so the cover wasn't really needed.
The intense covers seemed to have more give to them like baggy pants.
The Rap clip is like a tailored jacket imo.
I've seen them and my buddy has one. But doesn't have guards. Was just wondering with the hand guards if they will get in the way. Or just by the cover that is made for my sled. The low/xl lo. Thanks.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I have the rap clip for my 16 Blizzard. It fits tight, and is easy to put on. Quite happy with it.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Do you have hand guards?

No I do not. Stock windshield as well. My guess is looking at my sled with the cover on, there would be room for the hand guards, as it is adjustable in that area.

·
Registered
66 Posts
If you look at the accessory catalog online, it's got check boxes for what the covers fit, per model. There's a specific check box for if that cover fits over handguards or not.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
See I thought I seen that somewhere but can't find it. This is way I ordered.
40afd24efc4ac5d5fcb43ac90fa0d0dd.jpg

·
Registered
408 Posts
My cover fits my 16' X with factory hand guards. You have to rotate them down a bit, but fits snug without an issue. The problem is behind the seat where it is loose.
I agree it is a little loose behind the seat. My thoughts were maybe this room is for the two up seat, to fit as well with this cover? Anyone out there have this cover and a two up seat on their sled?

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I agree it is a little loose behind the seat. My thoughts were maybe this room is for the two up seat, to fit as well with this cover? Anyone out there have this cover and a two up seat on their sled?

what part number did you guys have?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts