Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
RAIN IS NOT AN OPTION!
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 MXZX 600SDI; I was riding this past friday and in the am sled ran great. In the pm sled would break up after about 10 mins. it would start at 8000RPMs then 7, 6 ,5 and finally 4 and I would stop. after 10 min or so. it would run fine then go throught the same problem. I made it back, but don't know what it is. Changed plugs it did the same thing, no lights came on. Thought it might be water and put in a whole bottle of dry gas and it didn't fix it (I have been running dry gas all season). I doubt it is a plugged filter, would limit RPMs all the time.

This thing acts like an old car with bad points, gets hot breaks up then cools down and runs ok again. I talked to a dealer and he doubts it is the ignition module says it would show up on the lights.

I have not been powder riding and my air filters are not clogged. I do have the filter material over the outside and on the holes in the back. But I have riden the sled several times after installing the filter material with no issue.

ANy thoughts???? Any tests I should try?

·
RAIN IS NOT AN OPTION!
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
SD440zx said:
I have a 2005 MXZX 600SDI; I was riding this past friday and in the am sled ran great. In the pm sled would break up after about 10 mins. it would start at 8000RPMs then 7, 6 ,5 and finally 4 and I would stop. after 10 min or so. it would run fine then go throught the same problem. I made it back, but don't know what it is. Changed plugs it did the same thing, no lights came on. Thought it might be water and put in a whole bottle of dry gas and it didn't fix it (I have been running dry gas all season). I doubt it is a plugged filter, would limit RPMs all the time.

This thing acts like an old car with bad points, gets hot breaks up then cools down and runs ok again. I talked to a dealer and he doubts it is the ignition module says it would show up on the lights.

I have not been powder riding and my air filters are not clogged. I do have the filter material over the outside and on the holes in the back. But I have riden the sled several times after installing the filter material with no issue.

ANy thoughts???? Any tests I should try?

Well My dealer is stumped too! Earlier today they found nothing on the computer. Thinks it is a bad fuel pump. Talked to him tonight, techs went home but ordered a pump. Has anyone had a feul pump go bad does it act like I described? Can the fuel pump be rebuilt? Do I really need a new one? If I have a bad pump wouldn't it act bad all the time??

HELP!

[snapback]749153[/snapback]​

·
RAIN IS NOT AN OPTION!
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Revking said:
no there will not be lights on dash. change relays only about 20-30 bucks each
[snapback]751940[/snapback]​
Can they be tested to se if they are bad? How?

Is it the same part number for all three?

·
Registered
538 Posts
order relay part# 410113604 it will work for all three replace one relay and try it then switch relay to another and try until problem goes away this way you only have to buy one relay.

·
Skidoo'in Fool
4,099 Posts
check and make sure you didn't pinch the gas tank vent tube or for the little filter thing on the end of the vent tube. If it gets plugged kinked, you eventually create a vacuum in the tank and fuel won't flow properly. Just a quick and free thing to check

·
RAIN IS NOT AN OPTION!
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
05GSXRIDER said:
check and make sure you didn't pinch the gas tank vent tube or for the little filter thing on the end of the vent tube. If it gets plugged kinked, you eventually create a vacuum in the tank and fuel won't flow properly. Just a quick and free thing to check
[snapback]757345[/snapback]​
Yeah thought it was that at first siince it was very cold that day, but not plugged. I had that happen on an old sled. Funny thing though is it would act fine once I let it set for a while.

Just an update on this It was the feul pump!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I rode it Sat. for about 20 miles and it ran sweet again. Glad to have her back
Now if all that darn rain we got was snow....

Just in case this happens to some one else... this doesn't show up on the computer.!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts