Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been reading on here for a while - feels like I know you all already - sympathise with the people with no snow (sorry, can't relate though, I live in the Great White North!) felt your pain with kids that can't spell and so on.

Found most of my questions answered in other threads already - seems my sled's little niggles aren't uncommon. One thing I'm curious about is what coolant do you all use in your sleds, book says to use Bombardier premix of course, but is it any better than going to our Canadian Tire and getting the cheapie kind? Same goes for oil, our C-Tire stocks Shell I think, obviously cheaper than getting from our dealer.

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
I use the regular yellow bottle Prestone. I mix it 50/50 with distilled water and also been adding water wetter....I've never had any problems!

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Use the Prestone premix. Also get some "water wetter" and add a few capfuls. Will help the cooling.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone - didn't think I needed to get from the dealer. Topped it up this afternoon and all ready for riding tomorrow.

·
ITs WINTER!
7,497 Posts
Crappy tire stocks motomaster and prestone A/F. I just used the motomaster stuff in my sleds, as long as it wont freeze and bust up my engine i dont really care what names on it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts