Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,931 Posts
How many kms/miles on it? Every belt failure on my Grand Touring has been like this, the first was at 12,000 kms the second at 20,000 kms Not quite as bad as yours though just cracked between the inside teeth and went clunk, clunk, clunk. I was always able to make it home like this. Can someone can shed some light on this????

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
My riding buddy has gone done this to his last two belts on a 03 MXZ Trail. The first on was while the sled was 100% stock and then the second after putting on a 1.65 lug track and gearing down. The second one went alot faster then the first. Didn't happen until the end of the riding day so we never even considered anthing to do with moving a cold/frozen sled.

He does like to run it WOT a lot..

G

·
122racing said:
It's usually caused by burning the belt trying to move the sled when it is cold or frozen.
[snapback]690871[/snapback]​
That tends to hour glass the belt more than what is shown. Are you sure your belt deflection was not too tight ?

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The sled has 1012 miles on it. It was in at about 450 miles because of a bad coil. And he doesnt run WOT really. They bought it this year out of a crate. Its brand new fron the dealer. It has to go back to get it reset soon.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Buy a Ultimax belt and see if it happens again. I bet u it will not!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts