Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was wondering if people on here have a preference for a certain brand of spark plug is best for the vintage sleds? From my experience different brands of plugs seem to work better in different applications. Just wondering if you have found a certain brand to work better than others, IE: Champion, bosch, NGK, ect. And also, do you regap your plugs or run stock?

·
Vintage DOO lover
1,205 Posts
I always use NGK. I have used Bosch and they have been fine. I once bought an el tigre free air that was traded into a dealer. I looked at the sled before it was traded in. The dealer always put new Champion plugs into them no matter what they had in them. I knew the sled ran but I could never get it fired up on the Champions. My buddy brought over 4 ND's out of his dad's GS550 and we screwed them in and it lit right off.

I prefer NGK, I buy them in packs of 10. They have never let me down.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I agree with sledder... champion makes great plugs, when it comes to lawnmowers and such, but its otherwise ngks here... champs allways fouled out, in a short period of time.... and I use ngks in my truck too... only ones that will stand up in it... and prefer V groves if and when i can find em...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.