Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
Manual says 13-19 ft pounds to 1 3/8". I had a new track installed and rode a couple hundred miles. I don't have the tension tool and mine is free hanging at 1 3/8" static. I can push with my pinky and get to 2". Guessing this is too loose. Guessing I want to push with my pinky and get 1 1/2"?? Probably be close? I like it on the looser side anyways.

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
What's your static sag?

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Lift sled off ground place on stand ect......
Place a 1" thick board between track and sliders, mid point of track between wheels.
Loosen back wheel bolts a little only.
Adjust each adjuster until the track touches wood, remove wood tighten track adjusters run sled for 3 mins low speed.
With your fingers pull down on track lightly, it should be around 1-1/2" of slack no more!
Measure track at slider to track clips for even center running.
Adjust the adjuster on the side that has the largest gap between the track clips and slider.
Retighten rear wheel bolts and lock adjuster nuts, and retest sled for centering.

1-3/8" to 1-1/2" is good amount of slack with fingers pulling down....15lbs of pressure.
If you experience ratcheting your are too loose.
Adjust your chaincase adjustment too after new track or seasonally as well!

Good luck.

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just set it so that it is free hanging one inch. Was basically 1 full turn on each adjuster bolt. Hard to gauge what 15 lbs is. Figure that's about what my pinky can handle pushing and can easily get 1 1/2". Probably good I think.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts