Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
doughnut boy
10,068 Posts
Ive got the same one, fortunately it's just been a bag ornament for the last 4 or 5 years. Seems like it will work well when needed.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk
Thats cuz you ride a Ski Doo so not needed !!

We carry a Snobunje works for towing and getting unstuck when you get ran off the trail by the guy with the mohawk helmet

·
Registered
223 Posts
I'm using it several days every year to help my friends with Yamaha or Arctic Cats..

Personally I'm just using 10 meters of this..

It's very easy to adjust it for different jobs.. Most of the time I just make a large loop out of it, placing it through the ski loops and behind the spindles on the vehicle I'm towing and hooking it to the hook of the vehicle I'm using to tow..

WEB_Image%20Tau%20PP%20Danline%2010mm%20

·
Registered
586 Posts
That is a pretty good one you picked , good company too. just carry a extra length of good rope if the other sled is too far off the trail.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
I have the same as the one posted on top....Used it many times to tow and it works good.

I used also it to get my big heavy Skandic SWT un-stucked many times.

You take the strap with the 2 loops and passed it thru one of the track hole. Then, then the other loop thru the one in the track.

The strap with the hooks attached to a tree at one end and the other end to the loop strap attached to the track...Extension rope between the two if needed.

A little throttle and you're out.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Funny story- I do tree work so carried a 1/2" rope for 20 years. Last year went to use it for the first time and it was too short! Luckily my wife had a store bought one with loops in the ends. I teach the safety class here in NY so told the kids this year when you have stuff like this make you try it out at home first!

·
Registered
569 Posts
I keep about 100ft of 2500lb Mule tape, on board. Doesn't take up much room at all, and its easy to tie bowlines, and square knots in, for whatever situation I need it for. I get it from work for free. Great stuff for keeping on ATV's and sleds, due to it being very compact and strong.

Reactions: 900mac

·
Premium Member
2,173 Posts
Universal multifunction rope.
b32cb88d612d207ba2a14a6130b30bb3.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: IcutMetl

·
Registered
6,085 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
What are you carrying for a tow strap?

I came across this on Amazon and it looked OK.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0026FCGEU/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_image?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I want to add one to my bag.
What do you think?
I have those, and they work well. I actually had to use them once last winter when the battery on our 2015 GSX died on us when it was parked out on the lake. Everything hooks up pretty easily, and they are heavy duty. I was able to pull the sled back to our garage with our other snowmobile with no problem.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
This was given to me by a very nice couple that stopped to check on us when my wife's sled stopped running. Both sleds were brand new at the time...'09 was the year.. we had no worries at the time about breaking down. We were wrong . Anyhow , Its 1800 lb strength and bout 1/2 inch wide and takes almost no space at all in the bag. Awesome stuff. If any of guys can identify this I would appreciate
3769fe364048f38b55ece46cf3b6c86e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
569 Posts
This was given to me by a very nice couple that stopped to check on us when my wife's sled stopped running. Both sleds were brand new at the time...'09 was the year.. we had no worries at the time about breaking down. We were wrong . Anyhow , Its 1800 lb strength and bout 1/2 inch wide and takes almost no space at all in the bag. Awesome stuff. If any of guys can identify this I would appreciate
3769fe364048f38b55ece46cf3b6c86e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
That is mule tape, see my post #13. It's good stuff.

Reactions: suvy800

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have the one from Amazon. It worked great last year towing my buddie's Cat. Only downfall is I bought the small Gem 4 Link bag that goes behind the seat and it takes up most of the room in the bag...but it is nice to have it!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts