Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
start a thread like you did in the freestyle section to let us keep an eye on it!

·
Registered
441 Posts
Skid plate,windshield,storage,clutching?,otherwise the sled is perfect maybe some studds,just small stuff.11,000 bucks the sled better be good.

·
Sled Builder
9,282 Posts
New front ski springs, center spring and rear torsions springs (depending upon weight and riding style) & all 4 shocks revalved (a definate).

·
Registered
21 MXZ XRS 850
3,790 Posts
Shaper Bar carbides! The best out there.
Not many think of this one... An extra D.E.S.S cord! It's $25 bucks, that could make your weekend!

·
Registered
462 Posts
Venting for the clutch
Doodoctor floating secondary (for the 800 at least)
find some storage
C and A pro skis
studs
windshield
X2 on the venting, get the hot air out from under your hood. Did the frogskin deal on mine and was a huge difference in performance and belt life.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
1: all the extra bracing off of the XRS.
2: Doodoctor floating clutch
3: Gas, you don't need all the extra a-arm bracing and clutch brace

·
Registered
698 Posts
After fixing a couple s/e modules on buddies sleds, Grip & Rip bracing was my first addition to my 2010 etec, followed by skid plate, handlebar bag, jerry can, tunnel bag, and snowbunjie.... it's the old lady's sled, so besides a clutch kit & venting that's all i'm going to do to it. She loves it, one button VAROOOM!

Extra DESS keys, don't leave home without one in your pack!

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
After fixing a couple s/e modules on buddies sleds, Grip & Rip bracing was my first addition to my 2010 etec, followed by skid plate, handlebar bag, jerry can, tunnel bag, and snowbunjie.... it's the old lady's sled, so besides a clutch kit & venting that's all i'm going to do to it. She loves it, one button VAROOOM!

Extra DESS keys, don't leave home without one in your pack!
What are you guys hitting that is bending or breaking e/s modules? I've hit rocks so hard on he trails, that the side of the sled that hit came up about a foot. Thought surely something bent. But it was fine every time. I'd rather have the weakest link break or bend. If anything bends after bracing, its probably gonna cause twice as much damage. Or are these modules just that weak?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Hit some crazy stuff never bent anything yet either

ohh best mods..

rear tunnel pack..must so you can at least carry a few goodies

bigger windshield

I went to a 1.5 inch track as well..

·
Registered
6,254 Posts
The extra D.E.S.S. for sure, I forgot about that. I won't even leave the dealer until I get one of those

I'm also switching to 2.52 drivers and running an old school 2 ply track

I had some friends with the frogskin venting, worked great until they crashed into the bushes and trees... then they'd rip. So I think I'm going to go with some different kind of venting that is going to be a little tougher.

·
Registered
143 Posts
if i could afford to buy a new sled right now, my top five would be....

1. spare DESS. must have item.
2. studs
3. taller windshield. hate freezing my @$$.
4. tunnel bag
5. bar riser. can't stand the stock xp bar height.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
frogskins and a DESS are good to get.Who sells frogskins?
I have 6 of the 2.5" frogzskins on my clutch side panel. 3 in front and 3 in the back of it. They do help some. Also removed my tool kit and plastic around the clutch guard. And had my secondary shimmed. Clutches still were hotter than I'd like. Just get the Doodoctor QRS mod and forget about the venting and shimming and worrying about belts.

·
The 02 REVOLUTION
3,892 Posts
Only 1 thing needed

Add snow & go !

Lot's of great ideas here. You only have a short time to get it modded. Snow will be early this year.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts