Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yup.......I ended the waiting game today. Done waiting for snow. Wrapped up the most dismal season I can remember. Only got in 2 trips this season and both times, the second day temps were 40+ degrees and we went home early.

So today, I drained the tanks, put in my usual concoction of 2.5 gallons of 110 Avgas + Seafoam. Ran the sleds and let the sled do its summarization oil thing. WD-40'd everything, pulled the belt and put the dryer sheets everywhere. Covered her up and tucked her in for summer.

What a depressing day.... :( ....Hope next year is better. If not.......I may just get out of this snowmobiling gig all together.....

Bring on the sunshine....it's just about boating season!

·
Registered
469 Posts
Sad for sure. Usually ride the U.P. till the end of march or early April. Usually ride the lake out my back door till the 3rd weekend in March. Well the lake is looking like it will be out any day now and it will be time for fishing and boating. My season was 8 weeks long and of that 8 weeks I road in the rain one weekend and 3 other weekends it was mid 40s. I still managed 1200 miles but lots of those miles were on marginal conditions. Hope next year we get a real old fashion Wi winter.

·
Registered
493 Posts
You've got it all wrong. Make someone else do it. There were mixed emotions today for sure. Fingers crossed for next year.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
Just sloshed some oil down the plug holes , sprayed the track clips & put the 'ol girl into hibernation for another 9 months :sleep_old:

·
Registered
481 Posts
I do like your Summer mix, Avgas and Seafoam. With the law of averages, next Winter should be much better.

I'm doing some sprucing up, new skis for the Skidoo, replace the bumper and then new carbides for the Yamaha. I'll be ready for the U.P. trails next Winter, even if they do raise the price of the trail pass.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Put on a quick 20 miles in da up just to check the trails. Not bad at all. Couple bare spots but overall pretty good

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Look at it this way. From what every long term outlook is saying for 16'/17' winter it's gonna be a good one. El Niño's big sister La Niña is coming to play the end of this year. Hopefully it will make up for the past trashy season.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
I feel for you guys back there, I'd be really frustrated too. If you really want to ride...come on out West. We've had 30" this week, for a season total of 400", with a bunch more on the way the next few days...roughly 10 feet of base at our starting point. Crappy thing is I have been out ONCE....but my time is coming.....we should be riding into May/June

·
Registered
4,759 Posts
The crows are back,the birds are singing.The snow is taking a beating,and i think i heard the Gold Wing scratching at the garage door.

·
GSX = Gone Swamp X-ing
69,953 Posts
Lost all of our snow locally this week. Yard is bare. We were riding last weekend. Could've been riding up at the cottage still this weekend but 50+ degree temps are not great with the fanners. Calling for colder temps next weekend so ya never know, might get out for one last ride in the back roads trails up there.

As for putting the sleds away for the summer, we don't. We run ours in the garage all summer so we never have to go through that depressing process. We just have a few months of poor riding and then we're back at it. ;)

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Cleaned the trailer loaded the sleds and put in storage, we did ok this year two trips to the UP. Next trip is planned for out West, leaving the day after Christmas. Yep it will be a long wait!!

·
Registered
5,874 Posts
Took a half day off on Friday, spent the afternoon washing and reminiscing of the season. We got them greased up on Saturday and treated the gas in them. I'll start them all one more time to load them in the trailer. Want to pull the skids and rebuild all of the shocks I think this summer. I'll do that before I put them away I think.

Have about 1k for the year, 500 less than last year :( lowest since I have been into riding hot and heavy. It is tough to travel every weekend, it takes a toll on the pocket book. Thank God gas was cheaper this year. We didn't start riding until mid January, was done the first weekend of March in Michigan. It was certainly short this year.

Until next year...
Steve

1 - 20 of 25 Posts