Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oil rich for 5 hrs

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
This little sled is what I call my hobby sled. I've done a lot of tinkering. The 277 was sent to Aaen Performance for a light trail tune. A little off the head and ported for 7,500 rpms. With CDI programmed for around 6,800, I had the timing in it changed too.

I was wondering about the oil. It's about a 40-1 mix with the new piston and rings.
Usually run 50-1. I'm curious about what looks like 2 different washes. The heavier carbon deposit wash and the lighter one closer to the edge.

I haven't done a plug chop yet as the last time I did, it detonated. Likely I got a little careless with fuel. At least I know what detonation sounds like now. Lol.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
This little sled is what I call my hobby sled. I've done a lot of tinkering. The 277 was sent to Aaen Performance for a light trail tune. A little off the head and ported for 7,500 rpms. With CDI programmed for around 6,800, I had the timing in it changed too.

I was wondering about the oil. It's about a 40-1 mix with the new piston and rings.
Usually run 50-1. I'm curious about what looks like 2 different washes. The heavier carbon deposit wash and the lighter one closer to the edge.

I haven't done a plug chop yet as the last time I did, it detonated. Likely I got a little careless with fuel. At least I know what detonation sounds like now. Lol.
At 5 hrs usually not much carbon deposit. Could be influenced by oil brand/type which will get thread off topic fast if mentioned. Oil is good for motor, dont see an issue.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,092 Posts
I would say perfect to a little rich, which is where I would leave it for long lasting durability.

Bob

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I went down one size on the MJ as it was about 30 degrees out. I left the needle alone.

These plugs are at 3/4 throttle. Both were run steady for several minutes. The left plug had about 10 miles on it before the chop and the right one has about half a tank.

Also a fresh piston wash pix from after the ride.

Thoughts?

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts