Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yes I understand everything has been answered. It's just I put that track in and it seams pretty tight in there. Was just seeing if anyone else had the same set up. And how they're doing with it.
Ski-B. Thanks. I found both 21 and 23 tooth gears for under $50 each so I'm gonna grab them both.
Also about the skis, I put the c&a pro MTX on at the end of last year. For a mountain ski I couldn't complain on how they handled on the trails out to the deeper stuff. They're 8" wide.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
If I changed gearing to accommodate the larger lug track, what will the compromise be when I switch back to a 1.25" track for trail riding?

Would a 2" track be a good compromise to run 100% of the time (trails and off trail)? And if so, would a gearing change be needed to accommodate this?

Thanks, Tim
If/ when you switch tracks back to 1.25 switch the gear back to your stock setup, gear has to come out to swap tracks anyways.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Ok. So has anyone actually done this swap ? Gone to a 2" lug on there 2017 renegade adrenaline? Because I just put the track in and I have a tiny bit of rubbing. The sleds still on its side because I have the a-arms and shock off one side. I'm wondering if I should just contact snow west and see if they'll swap this for the 1.75". Kinda bummed because it looks awesome. No disrespect but I'm really looking for anything except theory's.

·
Super Moderator
9,643 Posts
Ok. So has anyone actually done this swap ? Gone to a 2" lug on there 2017 renegade adrenaline? Because I just put the track in and I have a tiny bit of rubbing. The sleds still on its side because I have the a-arms and shock off one side. I'm wondering if I should just contact snow west and see if they'll swap this for the 1.75". Kinda bummed because it looks awesome. No disrespect but I'm really looking for anything except theory's.
Where is the track rubbing? Again; as already mentioned, you can fit a 2-1/4" lug track in your machine. The FreeRide 137" came with that track in the XP/XM chassis, and people swap them in regularly.

·
Registered
5,909 Posts
Done many.

Did you remove the tunnel stud protectors.?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I did remove the protectors. There's an area in the tunnel that kinda bubbles down a quarter inch or so. It's basically the tunnel itself. So I was wondering if maybe the free ride has something different. Like a different driveshaft/cog setup. Because that's where it touches. At the top right before the track enters into the cogs.

·
Super Moderator
9,643 Posts
I did remove the protectors. There's an area in the tunnel that kinda bubbles down a quarter inch or so. It's basically the tunnel itself. So I was wondering if maybe the free ride has something different. Like a different driveshaft/cog setup. Because that's where it touches. At the top right before the track enters into the cogs.
It's not uncommon for guys to put the 2.25/2.3" tracks on standard Renegades. Can you post a clear picture of this dimple you are talking about?

·
Registered
10 Posts
2017 renegade adrenaline 850

I'm wondering if I can change the driveshaft with smaller cogs or something. I don't know. I'm stuck. Either I send it back for a 1.75. Cut this one down. Or someone comes up with a Hail Mary and saves my ass.

·
Registered
5,909 Posts
2017 renegade adrenaline 850

I'm wondering if I can change the driveshaft with smaller cogs or something. I don't know. I'm stuck. Either I send it back for a 1.75. Cut this one down. Or someone comes up with a Hail Mary and saves my "edit for bad language".
Dang it. I thought we were talking about a 17 800 etec because this topic is in the XP XS forum.

This is strange. How come a 2"x129" fits perfectly in my sons 18 MXZ XRS 850?

I have a friend running a 1.75"x137" in a 17 Gade X 850 Dealer installed.

·
Super Moderator
9,643 Posts
Dang it. I thought we were talking about a 17 800 etec because this topic is in the XP XS forum.

This is strange. How come a 2"x129" fits perfectly in my sons 18 MXZ XRS 850?

I have a friend running a 1.75"x137" in a 17 Gade X 850 Dealer installed.
Same here. Wrong thread/sub-forum for reliable info on an 850; I'm sure most assumed we were talking about an 800, as the sub forum we are in is focused on XP/XS chassis sleds. It wasn't until I saw the pic from under EK's tunnel that I figured out what was going on. The OP's question got answered though.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Oohhhhhhhh!!! I'm new her (obviously). I was going off the very first post. "What's the tallest lug for 17 renegade 137". Assumed it was a 850. I don't get how the free ride can get a 2.25-2.5 in the 137 and the gade only can fit a 1.75. I figured it was the same tunnel, driveshaft and everything. Well time to take it all apart and ship it back to snow city. Thanks for all the help guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14,289 Posts
Oohhhhhhhh!!! I'm new her (obviously). I was going off the very first post. "What's the tallest lug for 17 renegade 137". Assumed it was a 850. I don't get how the free ride can get a 2.25-2.5 in the 137 and the gade only can fit a 1.75. I figured it was the same tunnel, driveshaft and everything. Well time to take it all apart and ship it back to snow city. Thanks for all the help guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Your stock sled has 8 lug 2.86 extrovert drivers and you can get 7 lug 2.86 pitch extroverts from Avid Products and run the current 2 inch track you bought if you want.

https://avid-products.com/collections/ski-doo/products/skidoo-antiratchet-drivers?variant=35829559754901

This shows the wrong style, but the ones you get when you order are the right ones. I have the 9 lug 2.86 avid product extros on my Gen 4 with a 1 1/4" But am in the process of putting a Summit chain case on my mxz so I can run Avid Products 10 lug 2.86 non extros in an attempt to gain some free horsepower (less rolling resistance).

Here are the approximate diameters for the drivers which will allow you to compare clearances

Snowmobile Drive Sprocket Diameter

2.52 Pitch

7 tooth = 5.808"

8 tooth = 6.585"

9 tooth = 7.368"

10 tooth = 8.155"

11 tooth = 8.945"

12 tooth = 9.737"

2.86 Pitch

7 tooth = 6.592"

8 tooth = 7.474"

9 tooth = 8.362"