Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Enduro 900NA, 2022 Enduro 900NA, 2016 Adrenaline 800; 2008 Yamaha Vector LTX GT
331 Posts
We definitely have good years and bad years here for snow.

I’m in central Saskatchewan. Severe cold for the past few weeks and way more snow here than usual. We are wearing out the snowblower instead of the sleds.

But that base of snow should give us a solid 2.5 months of riding now.

This is not typical, for this early in the year. We usually are jealous of the snow you get out east.

Maybe sacrifice an Arctic Cat to the snow gods?

·
Registered
111 Posts
+6 and rain here on PEI. A system coming through tomorrow into Saturday that the models are showing 30-45 cm.
Don't get to excited, it's coming with 80-100 km winds. As you know, that'll leave bare fields, and lots in the woods:eek:
Then temps next week...highs -15
Oh well, it's going to be great for getting home projects done.🤬

·
Registered
210 Posts
Setting up to be one of the worst season on record for Ontario snowmobiling. Never listen to the forecasts in the late summer/fall, it’s another La Niña winter just like last winter… cold as hell in the west and warm all winter in the east. Last winter trails didn’t open until Jan 20 and were by march 1st. This year the ice is freezing a bit quicker but not looking like the trails will even be open until the end of January. Setting up for a 4-5 week season.
World Font Map Screenshot Rectangle

·
Registered
10,126 Posts
Plenty of snow in northern Minnesota this year. We don't have much here in the south metro but at least the northern half of the state is in good shape. Things only get good down here about once a decade. The best stretch was 08-11 (4 good years in a row) then 8 years later in 2019 it got good for a bit. But most years good riding involves some trailer time, been that way as long as I can remember.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Setting up to be one of the worst season on record for Ontario snowmobiling. Never listen to the forecasts in the late summer/fall, it’s another La Niña winter just like last winter… cold as hell in the west and warm all winter in the east. Last winter trails didn’t open until Jan 20 and were by march 1st. This year the ice is freezing a bit quicker but not looking like the trails will even be open until the end of January. Setting up for a 4-5 week season.
Come up north! We have been riding since the first week in October and are on pace for record snow fall. And you can ride well into April and often May. Downside is, is cold as F right now : ) Usually -30s and -40sF is common during December and January, but you will get a nice long riding season in! peace

·
Registered
22 XRS 600R Competition
16 Posts
Where is that? Wish I dared to go to Canada to throw some miles on but coming back across is a rather large concern at this point

·
Registered
'96 f3 600, '00 mach z 800, '19 900 ace N/A
2,233 Posts
Well 21-22 season is officially the worst season for snowmobiling in my area in a long long time. Last season, which was terrible, by this point was already better.

Luckily I think im going to hit the yoop, if even solo. Very hard for me with work.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Well 21-22 season is officially the worst season for snowmobiling in my area in a long long time. Last season, which was terrible, by this point was already better.

Luckily I think im going to hit the yoop, if even solo. Very hard for me with work.
Put 90 miles on by myself today. If you come to northern WI I will ride with you. I am usually by myself on Friday. Maybe sat too unless my lazy ass buddy gets his sled off the trailer.

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW ace using Tapatalk

·
Registered
335 Posts
Best snow in the last 7 year here in Manitoba. We started early and trails have been awesome.
If we didn't have good snow I would be heading your way. Might actually in march. Been a few years since I have been to Winnipeg. Love it up there.

Going out to CO the end of March too. They got piles of snow.

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW ace using Tapatalk

·
Registered
143 Posts
Im located in Muskoka,the supposed SNOW BELT! Theres approx 1/2"on my lawn .This is the first year in 20 that
we haven't had at least 3 ft by now. Globel Warming? Dont think so, my daughter lives in Vancouver BC
and they hardly ever see snow and or cold weather. Well thats what there getting this year, Lots of Snow and cold.
The bright side, yes there is one or 2 lol ,I didn't plunk down 25 grand for a new sled thats sitting there in garage laughing at me. Also the old Revs I have are actually worth more money now that I paid for them years ago! The pros are starting to out weight the cons. Maybe things aren't to bad after all eh?
Nonsense. Many years in the last 20, where Muskoka did not have 3 feet by early January. The bull is pretty thick here..... :)

·
Registered
111 Posts
All the snow is in my yard!:rolleyes:

We got 45 cm last weekend, and according to the weather reports between 37 and 45 cm so far from this storm. Winds still gusting to 90 km/h. Plows have been off the roads since last night. Lost power for 12 hrs.
It's going to be a gong show come tomorrow morning.

21 - 40 of 46 Posts