Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im located in Muskoka,the supposed SNOW BELT! Theres approx 1/2"on my lawn .This is the first year in 20 that
we haven't had at least 3 ft by now. Globel Warming? Dont think so, my daughter lives in Vancouver BC
and they hardly ever see snow and or cold weather. Well thats what there getting this year, Lots of Snow and cold.
The bright side, yes there is one or 2 lol ,I didn't plunk down 25 grand for a new sled thats sitting there in garage laughing at me. Also the old Revs I have are actually worth more money now that I paid for them years ago! The pros are starting to out weight the cons. Maybe things aren't to bad after all eh?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Im located in Muskoka,the supposed SNOW BELT! Theres approx 1/2"on my lawn .This is the first year in 20 that
we haven't had at least 3 ft by now. Globel Warming? Dont think so, my daughter lives in Vancouver BC
and they hardly ever see snow and or cold weather. Well thats what there getting this year, Lots of Snow and cold.
The bright side, yes there is one or 2 lol ,I didn't plunk down 25 grand for a new sled thats sitting there in garage laughing at me. Also the old Revs I have are actually worth more money now that I paid for them years ago! The pros are starting to out weight the cons. Maybe things aren't to bad after all eh?
Climate change, is what you just described. I'm on the east coast in northern Labrador. We have barely had any sea ice form here yet this year and normally it would have weeks ago. The ocean temp is warming right now then it ever has been

Sent from my SM-G991W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
You can stand outside now and count the number of snowflakes....... even the guys that need their two hands to do that.
Almost nothing in the forecast either.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
'14 Summit SP 600 '21 Expedition Sport 600 EFI
3,892 Posts
Better sell 'em while the market is hot. Course with no snow in your area, that market could suddenly change. Or you sell them, and then it starts dumping snow. And a replacement sled(s) won't be cheap either.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Long range forecast shows mild weather for late January early February in the east. By the time it gets going, it'll be over. We are heading to Northern Ontario next week.

·
Registered
'14 Summit SP 600 '21 Expedition Sport 600 EFI
3,892 Posts
Long range forecast shows mild weather for late January early February in the east. By the time it gets going, it'll be over. We are heading to Northern Ontario next week.
All those sled trailers are saying, "What are you waiting for?"

·
Registered
50 Posts
I go to this site every morning to depress myself on the pathetic forecast for snow in the Ottawa area... yeah the coldest and snowiest capital city in the world... NOT!!!!!!

Reactions: Boylstonrider

·
Registered
1976 elan 250 2020 Polaris xc600 2022 renegade xtr
77 Posts
Raining here at the moment and in 12 hours it’s going to be 25 below

·
Registered
30 Posts
we've got hip deep snow and -40c temps, hoping it will warm up so I can ride my Yamaha since my Tundra is still a question mark.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Just here reading these posts is depressing. If we had adequate snow here in the Northeast, the trails would be open and I would be out riding right now instead of reading this stuff. I have however been riding my daughters 2007 Freestyle park around my five acre yard which has about 4 inches of snow. Going in circles gets old though! I need some speed out on the 900Turbo!

·
Registered
537 Posts
Setting up to be one of the worst season on record for Ontario snowmobiling. Never listen to the forecasts in the late summer/fall, it’s another La Niña winter just like last winter… cold as hell in the west and warm all winter in the east. Last winter trails didn’t open until Jan 20 and were by march 1st. This year the ice is freezing a bit quicker but not looking like the trails will even be open until the end of January. Setting up for a 4-5 week season.

·
Registered
9,285 Posts
You should be glad u don’t live in central IN this season is gonna be a bust,

·
Registered
155 Posts
This motorsport is more dependent on conditions than any other ....feel very lucky to get in 220 miles last weekend .

Life is short, snowmobile season is shorter. When's there's snow you gotta go!

·
Metalhead
9,162 Posts
we haven't had at least 3 ft by now. Global Warming? Dont think so, my daughter lives in Vancouver BC
This is why. Cold flows to hot. But not in this case. This was Dec 24th and it rained in my area. How can the winds be turned around backwards and go opposing to the jet stream????
Winds come in from the ocean, around florida and driven up through texas and right up to Lake Superior. Its supposed to be the opposite way. Back in Nov we had 36 hours of rain and it was like "All hands on deck" to make as much warm weather come in from the ocean, again, go down around florida, up thru texas, but added to that was winds from below the carribean islands, also driven up in the gulf and up past texas and tornado alley...right up to Lake superior. If that rain was snow, we would have had 3 feet dumped on us just like we used to get.

Sum ting funny going on, and i dont mean "ha-ha" . :mad:
Water Water resources Atmosphere World Sky
Water Water resources Atmosphere Map Natural landscape

Here is today's wind map.
Water resources Atmosphere Azure Natural environment World

·
Registered
37 Posts
there definitely wasnt 3 ft in Muskoka at any point last yr, let alone in January, and the same could be said for many other years. drive a couple hrs north. plenty of fun to be had, way more fun than crying on the internet.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts