Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
800revX
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The new Mxz look lower and wider sitting next to the XRS. The new gen 4 has a extra inch of travel?? Where? Reminded me of the last Mach Zs front end wide and low. The new Xrs didn't offer anything new except a silver tunnel.. Still cant order a 1.6 Ice Cobra on a MXZ or XRS. ?? THAT SUCKS! If you want to feel the power of the new 850 you have to pay big. Msrp on the 850 Mxz X ice ripper, Q/A electric start is $14,549 ouch! Add about two hundred for a gade. I didn't pay that for my XRS? TnT 850 =12,449 add two hundred for white and black.

·
800revX
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have one good pic, and that's of the Xrs. I don't know how to upload? Don't mean to sound like a stalker but inbox me your number or put it up here and I can send it from my phone to yours?

·
OCD Sledhead
8,598 Posts
I was thinking way more guys would be taking technical pics of the GEN4 closeups, like hood off type pics inside and underneath of all the new hardware on this baby....I did see some good pics in other thread, but just thought guys would have been all over this. I would have done it myself for sure as I never miss the Buff show when im home, but it was so early im still up north riding for a few more weeks!

I will certainly be hitting the Barrie show in two weeks tho.

Dan

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
I was thinking way more guys would be taking technical pics of the GEN4 closeups, like hood off type pics inside and underneath of all the new hardware on this baby....I did see some good pics in other thread, but just thought guys would have been all over this. I would have done it myself for sure as I never miss the Buff show when im home, but it was so early im still up north riding for a few more weeks!

I will certainly be hitting the Barrie show in two weeks tho.

Dan
If the show was anything like some of the early releases I've seen in the past, probably too dang crowded around the new sled to get good pics.

·
Registered
892 Posts
I was at the Montreal (Laval) show as the doors opened. I was very disappointed in the overall presentation. They had a bunch of sleds, but all had the clutch covers removed so I couldn't see if my extra oil bag would fit on the new clutch cover. They modified the side panel openings for the better with a twist off rather than the pull and stretch rubber. The Gen 4s were (I'm sad to say) not so impressive. They had an assembly of the motor but no one there could explain what was different between the old e-tec and the new. They modified the engine to be more narrow and fit into a slimmer chassis and even the weight distribution. Personally I never noticed the sled riding leaning more to one side to another. They had to move the battery to behind the seat to accommodate for shrinking the width of the motor and centering it in the chassis. The oil reservoir is now on the left side instead of the right. The gas tank is 4 litres smaller but supposedly the engine can now sip every last drop, sure! I found the gauge and windshield much further forward from the rider, so I question if you won't need a higher windshield to block more wind. It also may be harder to adjust mirrors from a seated position. The handlebars had an adjustable riser that was already broken at the show. I always want to ride with my handlebars vertical so I'm working them to the max, I never want to sit back for a lazy Sunday ride, and I don't know who'd want that on a sport sled. I do like the gas caddy with stackable linq bag for the MXZ but the bag itself is not so impressive. My tunnel bag holds way more gear. They didn't have LEDs, glove box extension, different size windshields any mirrors, or any other very popular accessories at the show. The only thing the BRP guys did was show off how you could really hike out on the sled to take turns more aggressively as if this was a "new" style of riding. The toe holds may or may not work. They didn't have any installed so it was hard to give an opinion. The glove boxes are a little deeper, but who knows if they will trap snow in them. I think it's a good start, but more work has to be put into the Gen 4 especially in terms of accessories. I know those of us who have invested tons of cash in older platform accessories are not too happy that we can't modify our accessories to fit the Gen4 unless they are linq accessories, and that's why we are getting a Renny XRS with XS platform next year. I'm hopeful to see make more improvements to the new platform for 2018, and only time will tell how superior the 850 is to the 800. Here's hoping for the best!

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
I was at the Montreal (Laval) show as the doors opened. I was very disappointed in the overall presentation. They had a bunch of sleds, but all had the clutch covers removed so I couldn't see if my extra oil bag would fit on the new clutch cover. They modified the side panel openings for the better with a twist off rather than the pull and stretch rubber. The Gen 4s were (I'm sad to say) not so impressive. They had an assembly of the motor but no one there could explain what was different between the old e-tec and the new. They modified the engine to be more narrow and fit into a slimmer chassis and even the weight distribution. Personally I never noticed the sled riding leaning more to one side to another. They had to move the battery to behind the seat to accommodate for shrinking the width of the motor and centering it in the chassis. The oil reservoir is now on the left side instead of the right. The gas tank is 4 litres smaller but supposedly the engine can now sip every last drop, sure! I found the gauge and windshield much further forward from the rider, so I question if you won't need a higher windshield to block more wind. It also may be harder to adjust mirrors from a seated position. The handlebars had an adjustable riser that was already broken at the show. I always want to ride with my handlebars vertical so I'm working them to the max, I never want to sit back for a lazy Sunday ride, and I don't know who'd want that on a sport sled. I do like the gas caddy with stackable linq bag for the MXZ but the bag itself is not so impressive. My tunnel bag holds way more gear. They didn't have LEDs, glove box extension, different size windshields any mirrors, or any other very popular accessories at the show. The only thing the BRP guys did was show off how you could really hike out on the sled to take turns more aggressively as if this was a "new" style of riding. The toe holds may or may not work. They didn't have any installed so it was hard to give an opinion. The glove boxes are a little deeper, but who knows if they will trap snow in them. I think it's a good start, but more work has to be put into the Gen 4 especially in terms of accessories. I know those of us who have invested tons of cash in older platform accessories are not too happy that we can't modify our accessories to fit the Gen4 unless they are linq accessories, and that's why we are getting a Renny XRS with XS platform next year. I'm hopeful to see make more improvements to the new platform for 2018, and only time will tell how superior the 850 is to the 800. Here's hoping for the best!
it's a great start. .the xp/xs chassis is getting dated imo...Doo did their homework on this new chassis I believe, but time will tell...all my linq accessories will be going on my orange crush Gen 4 gade x!

·
SkiDoo Guru
19,340 Posts
Budko ! Eat a snickers bar. You're a little grumpy when your hungry ! :wink_old:
for sure ,and who plans on putting old stuff on a new sled ?? brp offers alot of stuff for the g4 .the shows in the us had a blk. one decked out with accessories .that's like getting a new truck and keeping the old tunnel cover for it .ya,a snickers sounds like it might help . :D

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Went to the show last night and I have to say I can`t stand the new look. It screams utility especially when you see it sitting next to the current XS,XM styles. Some good new tech however the look is enough to turn me away. Several doo riders I talked to weren`t fans of the new look either.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Yea I wondered about the durability of the movable riser when I ordered my x, but if it breaks warranty should cover it , then ill switch it out to a longer riser and keep the movable one for when I sell, as for the accs not to important in my books, I'm in for the new tech that new motor and clutch is sweeeeeeeeeeeeet :happydance

·
SkiDoo Guru
19,340 Posts
Yea I wondered about the durability of the movable riser when I ordered my x, but if it breaks warranty should cover it , then ill switch it out to a longer riser and keep the movable one for when I sell, as for the accs not to important in my books, I'm in for the new tech that new motor and clutch is sweeeeeeeeeeeeet :happydance
the race shop and goodwin are on the track dyno today with the p drive to get some more updated info . :wink_old:

·
Registered
757 Posts
Wish I didn't buy last year???? Oh well new 18 xrs will have to doo next year.. Love the new sled.. Looks are in the eyes of the beholder.. I love how they look!

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Sounds like you guys got hosed at your show, the ski-doo reps were very nowledgable @ our show here last week In Michigan, and we had a G4 with a led light Installed, as well as the side toe holds, glove box extension, and the new gas can with the bag that mounts on top,and there was many other new accessories there, they had 2 summit G4's, 1 was a X-package, 2 renegade G4's 1 was a X- package, and a tnt G4, as well as a Mxz X-package!! I'm sure with all the new tech In the 850 etech this motor Is going to be great, stay positive people, we have the next greatest sled to hit the snow!! :ridedoo:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts