Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
6,598 Posts
Nothing on a sled, but I did hit a patridge while riding my quad one summer...WITH MY HELMET!
Doing about 50mph down a dirt road and the little bugger flew out of nowhere, scared the hell outta me to say the least!

·
Registered
5,931 Posts
mjbmxz said:
just thought it would be interesting question as i once hit a manaqin leg on the trail, where the heck does something like that come from? funny though
[snapback]715631[/snapback]​
No way dude, too freaky! A couple guys I know were out riding once and there standing on the side of the trail was a female manaqin holding a 12 g shotgun! I've come close to hiting a Moose or two and had a partridge bounce off my big tall windsheld once. They were all pretty wild looking

·
Registered
8,072 Posts
last season..ripping along a fairly flat section of trail, suddenly I spy something laying across the trail, hit the binders, get off and look....

A dirty old pair of full length long johns with the trap door rear end, complete with......you guessed it...

skid marks !!!!!!!

I almost threw up inside my helmet...

and yes, I did use a stick to toss them into the bush !!

Never want to see that again...and why would someone do that on the trail ???

Musta been a Cat rider....

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
papasled said:
last season..ripping along a fairly flat section of trail, suddenly I spy something laying across the trail, hit the binders, get off and look....

A dirty old pair of full length long johns with the trap door rear end, complete with......you guessed it...

skid marks !!!!!!!

Musta been a ( that ) Cat rider....
( that you just passed )

·
Good at wrecking stuff.
5,634 Posts
I just about got a moose last Sunday... I suppose that's pretty wild.

·
Registered
5,931 Posts
papasled said:

skid marks !!!!!!!

[snapback]715691[/snapback]​
Hey, those belonged to my buddy, from when he saw the shotgun weilding manaqin

·
Backcountry Shredder
1,235 Posts
I was in tug hill this weekend I ran over three different boggie wheels. It was so bumpy it did not surprise me. I found myself laughing though, just thinking about how bumpy is was and then seeing the boggies and thinking about people blowing them off as they were riding. I also saw snow flaps and ski loops on the the trails this past weekend.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I have seen alot of crazy stuff on a sled, the best was with my buddy running down the river, I was about 2 sled length's behind him and over about 20 feet, I could see this deer come out of the woods on a slow trot and the river is about 150 yards wide were running about 70-80 and how the hell he didnt see it is beyond me, but they connected right in the middle.

The first time I went out west (I'm from WI) hunting, we went to Montana and after my turn of about 6 straight hours of driving the daze was setting in THEN this jack rabbit jumped out of the ditch into the head lights. I almost sh&t myself and rolled the truck all at the same time.

I would have never beleived them rabbits could be so big and look twice that size at night.

·
And...here.....we.....go.......
5,656 Posts
Not sled related....but I had a bird fly in through the window of my service van and hit me in the head about two years ago while I was driving down I-190.
Scared the crap out of me. I pulled over and let it go, where it proceeded to fly into the side of a passing trailer truck and die.

Jerry

·
planes take off against the wind
15,035 Posts
papasled said:

skid marks !!!!!!!

[snapback]715691[/snapback]​
thats just wrong...

I once found snow on the trail.....

Once encountered a late 70s Jimmy coming at us on the trail near two hearted river... Miles from a plowed road. Poor woman looked terrified driving along... I was just glad I 'found' her on a not so twisty streach. It could have been very exciting if it was on some of those tight and densely wooded corners. I was amazed she was not stuck but I guess as long as you stay moving.... I was concerned not only for her but anyone else she encountered as it was miles from nothing...

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
last summer riding my dirt bike tearing down the trail i see this thing fly out infront of me and smacked it with my helmet i turned around to go see what it was casue it killed it and it was a woodpecker.

on a sled a few years ago, we had a big storm and i was jumping little bumps on the lake and i jumped this one and it turned out to be a aluminum row boat upside down. didnt hurt it at all. scared me though. but we had 2-3 foot of powder.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Empire Sport Riders said:
I was in tug hill this weekend I ran over three different boggie wheels. It was so bumpy it did not surprise me. I found myself laughing though, just thinking about how bumpy is was and then seeing the boggies and thinking about people blowing them off as they were riding. I also saw snow flaps and ski loops on the the trails this past weekend.
[snapback]715788[/snapback]​
You didn't see my fuel caddu did ya?

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
NewfieRider440 said:
Hit a caribou while riding on some farm land.
[snapback]715729[/snapback]​
you think you would see that coming!

my list: culvert, deer, turkey, squirel, mouse, rock, someones broken tortion spring, groomer, oncoming vehicles (that were aparently lost on the snowmobile trails).

most of which were close calls. My "cat-like reflexes" avoided the ones I could see!

·
Registered
719 Posts
During a long ride, I was looking down at my guages and looked up just in time to see a stone wall covered in snow right in front of me. I turned at the last second and hit the very end of it where a snow drift had piled up. It lifted the left ski in the air and almost threw me off at about 50 MPH. Once my heart slowed down, I slowed down.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts