Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Notice minor antifreeze loss and realized I have some weeping around head bolts. No big concern. I just removed them and sealed them with 518... I have Bill's domes so i thought I would ask... has anyone seen the same deal stock or aftermarket domes?

·
Registered
258 Posts
dquinn said:
Notice minor antifreeze loss and realized I have some weeping around head bolts. No big concern. I just removed them and sealed them with 518... I have Bill's domes so i thought I would ask... has anyone seen the same deal stock or aftermarket domes?
[snapback]708257[/snapback]​
I had the same problem after installing Bill's domes, good old black silicone didn't do the job so I ordered up the Dow Corning 111 product suggested in the service manual. Still needed to liberally coat the threads & shaft of the bolts to stop the seeping.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Mine did it when it was new, just one bolt. Put about 3lbs more of torque on it and it has been dry.Installed domes and one bolt was wet again, snuged it and it too has been dry.My stoch head was only torqued at about 18 ft lbs. Went up to 20 ft lbs and they are dry.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts