Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of going north to the tughill this weekend, and was wondering what the weather is up there? Snowy, how much snow? Also wondering if there will be tons of people or not? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I looks like the northern areas got the most snow. The trails will be an absolute madhouse this weekend. Half the Tug and the snowbelts east of Lake Erie are the only areas in the within a few hundred miles that have snow...and everybody knows it. Good luck, ride RIGHT, and look out for the morons.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Goobman -

Heading out tomorrow. Will let you know about the conditions. Snow wise, they should be in good shape, Barnes Corners was out grooming all day yesterday and today. I'm sure the other clubs have been as well. As far as this weekend, like Winter Rules says, everyone and their brother will be out. This is what we all have been waiting for.

Scott

·
Registered
5,432 Posts
cArNaGe said:
Your looking at about 5000 sleds in the area. Easy.
[snapback]703431[/snapback]​
Just curious, how big is 'tug hill'? I always see a million posts on here about tug hill, sounds like it's the only place in NY that's getting consistent snow this year. I was just wondering how big of an area it is if 5000 sleds are riding there... We have the same thing in the tip of the LP this year, a really small area with good snow for most of the winter, and everyone up there trying to ride it... I wish I lived in a spot like that so I could tear it up mid-week after work when no one else is out...

·
Ka-RAY-Zeeee
5,301 Posts
The Tug Hill region lies between Lake Ontario and the Adirondacks, Oneida Lake and the Black River. Larger than several states, its approximately 2,000 square miles comprise one of the most rural sections of New York State and the Northeast. A scattering of public lands covers a tenth of the region, with most of that land used extensively for timber production, hunting, and other recreation. The rest is forest, farms, and homes privately owned, all of it working land that supports the region's way of life.

While there is a lot of land there...the trails are only a very small percentage....it's easy to fall behind a group of 10-20 sleds on a weekend like this. Not my cup of tea.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts