Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, we have HJC snowmobile modular helmets with heated shields. My 22 year old son wears glasses for near-sightedness and cannot see without them. I wear glasses too but can see well enough to ride without them. Neither one of us can wear contacts. He always has trouble with his glasses fogging up and cannot use the breathbox because his glasses either sit on top - too far away from his eyes, or underneath, where his breath immediately fogs his glasses. We have tried different products on the glasses like "cat crap", with only limited results. It's very frustrating for him. I was thinking maybe another style of helmet, where the rider wears goggles instead of a face shield might work better. Does anyone have experience with this issue or ideas?

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
I wear my glasses with my helmet. I'll find out what it is tonight and try to let you know. I've found that making sure my helmet is large enough makes a huge difference for wearing my glasses. My helmet I wore for the past 10 years was just too small and I was too stubborn to admit! LOL I got a new one this year and the fit is so much more comfortable and my glasses fit with the breath box and all.

·
doughnut boy
10,267 Posts
I'm on the same sled. I too wear glasses i can see fine with out them but have a headache by days end. Can't do the contact thing either. I also wear a HJC. I've thought of lookin to see if a person can get prescription goggles like some bikers wear. And try them one would think that if there tight to your face they shouldn't fog up. I'm interested to see what people say

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Get yourself an MX helmet and a set of goggles that fit comfortably over your glasses. Buy a Klim Arctic Balaclava for $54.99 and install a Haber Eliminator goggle fan ($49.99 on Amazon) in your goggle frame and let the clear times roll.

Had a buddy fighting the exact same issue and after trying everything else first, the combo listed above is what keeps him fog free, even when out West.

I have a like new L and an XL BRP XP-2 helmet, I would sell either for $110 shipped. PM me if you are interested.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
BV2S for me....no problems with my glasses fogging.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I wear glasses inside my Modular 2 without any problem. Crack the visor a bit. But then again, I don't go riding when it's 30 below zero. I very seldom use the breath box deal.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I wear an ATV style helmet (half helmet) with Klim polar balaclava and a pair of 509 goggles over my glasses. I sold my full face helmet.

·
Super Moderator
9,641 Posts
I think there's a company out there that makes prescription goggles; ProVue, maybe? That could be an option, maybe.

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
Steve30279, on 03 Feb 2016 - 11:15 AM, said:

Contacts! I drug my fee to years not getting them. Bit the bullet and have them now. Best thing for visibility. Can wear any helmet set up you want. No fogging.
I am still fighting it but I have the appointment for contacts made just about barrel rolled the sled twice last week when the road fell in front of me .I say the automobiles should stop at sled crossings.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I am in the same situation of having to wear my glasses. I use the no-fog balaclava with excellent results. It prevents all breath fogging by sealing to your face and directing all of your breath out the bottom of the helmet. Sometimes I still need to crack my shield when I stop if I am too warm cause I will still get some light fogging from perspiration. This can be addressed with the wipe on products. I wear it under my LS2 Modular helmet with a heated shield. I got both the helmet and balaclava from MadSled. Here is a link to the no-fog website http://www.nofogusa.com/007DG.htm. I have used in conditions ranging from -20 to 45 degrees Fahrenheit and am a firm believer in the product.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
I use the first modular from SkiDoo and no problems. If I am hot I crack the shield for just a minute then shut it. I ride everything from -30 to just over freezing. If I get stuck It may take a little longer but if I am travailing all is good.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I am still fighting it but I have the appointment for contacts made just about barrel rolled the sled twice last week when the road fell in front of me .I say the automobiles should stop at sled crossings.
You will not regret it! Sucks the first dozen times putting them in and out, till you get the hang of it.

I actually only wear them on a motorcycle, sled, atv, or boating so I can wear regular sunglasses. Normal day to day stuff I just wear my glasses

·
Registered
635 Posts
I run the Modular, with my Oakley Fast Jacket sunglasses....they only fog up for the 1st mile or so just from going from being inside where it's warm, to outside in the cold, then no problems the rest of the day.

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
You will not regret it! Sucks the first dozen times putting them in and out, till you get the hang of it.

I actually only wear them on a motorcycle, sled, atv, or boating so I can wear regular sunglasses. Normal day to day stuff I just wear my glasses
How about up in the single mothers dance revue?

1 - 20 of 56 Posts