Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, on the first ride of the season on my new 09 1200 tnt, I put a hole in my heat exchanger, roughly .22 cal. It was low snow conditions so my guess was that the ripsaw track picked up a rock with the finger-like lugs and flung into my heat exchanger. Got it back home, cleaned the hole real well with tsp, and then stuck a bunch of steel stick jb weld in there- it held up great, no problems there. Today, I was going down lake sunnapee, doing about 85, and felt something hit the underside of my tunnel. I got to the end of the lake, looked at the tunnel, and sure enough there was about a 1.5 inch hole in the heat exchanger, so no way to patch that with steel stick. I wasn’t spinning the track, and no studs pulled out. I’m guessing I hit some piece of steel from some ice fishing equipment, but the whole situation seems weird to me. Has anyone else wasted a heat exchanger like this? Did doo make a thinner heat exchanger back then? If so, can I get a heavier duty one? My 2016 enduro 1200 has never had a problem like this, and the heat exchanger looks a lot sturdier. Any suggestions or comments are welcome.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts