Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2013 Summit X is giving me a hell of a time right now, with a recent laundry list of oddities. Some of which I think are related to one another. Check it out . . .

1. REALLY hard to pull start. By hard, I mean physically it's really hard to pull. Starts right up no problem if you can pull hard enough, but I'll need to hit the gym to make that a reality.
  2. Idles like s**t. It'll bog out and shut down if I don't give it a touch of throttle. Doesn't matter if it's warm or cold.

I think these are related to each other so I'm calling this issue #1 . . . but I could also be totally wrong. I mean, let's be real I probably am wrong.

Issue 2:

1. At start, the gauges turn on and do their little ritual, but the speedo/tach/odo don't register once I'm riding. Frozen at 0 mph and 0 RPM and 904 mi . . .
  2. Grip/thumb warmers aren't turning on.

I'm probably destined for the dealership at this point, but hoping one of y'all can give me some good intel!

·
Registered
5,912 Posts
Sounds like an electrical issue. Bad stator? Bad capacitor? Could even be a rusty ground wire on chassis. A good dealer could diagnosis it relatively quick with there BUDS system i would think. I think it is beyond a internet fix at this point. Sorry.

·
Registered
984 Posts
I have chased this ghost and his evil sister before. Either it’s a cracked magnet on the flywheel or a bad crank bearing ...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts