Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello duders. since the water trick works so well on the newer sleds i was wondering if it might work on the older tundras. i have a couple 1998 277s that are stock and might work on the clutches one day and i was wondering if the water trick might work on these sleds. i also have an uncle with even older tundras and since i was at i might as well ask about those clutches too.

thanks

dave

·
Registered
7,411 Posts
The "water trick" typically refers to removing the TRA clutch with hydraulic pressure and the original mounting bolt . The square shaft and power bloc clutches have a larger diameter thread in the inner clutch half , requiring a larger bolt to establish the seal and pressure .

Here is the text from a PM I recently got from LB who was struggling with a stubborn 250 clutch :

Tom I froze the sucker off. Read all about it, never believed it would ever work for me. After being unable to pop the square shaft clutch with a 5/8" UNC bolt (not UNF in my case for whatever reason) and a steel rod, I decided to give it a shot. Filled it with water at lunch hour, put some grease on my bolt, threaded it in 1/2" or so till it locked and tossed it out by the door. Came home supper time and the clutch was sitting on the ground next to the engine. Amazing.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the info! tired the water trick on my 800 etec and its super easy. never thought of freezing it but i guess that could work well aslong as you got a way to melt the ice later.

dave

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.