Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not the kind of guy to complain, but!!!!!!!!

I have been reading posts on this site for the past 2 seasons about basically brand new sleds blowing up for no apparent reason. I always felt bad for the guys it was happening to but never really had much to say about it.

Well, it happened to me. My 2004 MXZ 800 XPS that has been meticulously maintained, always dealer serviced and always ran synthetic oil just blew a rod bearing and completely lunched itself. The dealer (who has been a ski-doo dealer for decades) thought I must have been over-reving it, because he can find no other reason for it blowing up. The thing is bone stock, clicker on 3 and the tach will not go over 7900 rpm.

Anyway, to make a long story short, my last 5 sleds were Bombadier and this one has been the absolute biggest piece of "edit for bad language" I have ever owned. I will not even consider another BRP product unless they step up to the plate like the competition has with a real warrantee, 12 months is a joke. I have been loyal to BRP, it is their turn!!!

So BRP if you are listening, I will be in the market for a new sled this spring. Offer a 3 year warrantee or I am gone. Furthermore, I gaurantee all my sledding buddies will be very soon to follow when they find out my 2007 F7-Fusion-3 year warrantee edition rides almost as nice, cost less, and the manufacturer appreciates my business.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
TTT for ya. too bad BRP is DEF.!!!!

·
SkiDoo Guru
19,762 Posts
brp knows the oil holes are too large and that is where the rods let go when you get up around the 3000+ miles range .the 800 seem to be the only ones that do it as i have seen many .see what the dealer can do and have him be firm .

·
Registered
89 Posts
Last winter boxing day 2005 I went to meet one of my groomer operators and on the way back 200feet from road crossing I hear a big bag under the hood of my 2004 mxzx800gade and a big puff of smoke.The rod in my motor went right through the cylinder wall and crank case.My dealer got me a complete long block NO CHARGE from BRP (thanks to 2 year warranty SNOW CHECK).THats why I went to the 1000sdi runs rich but other than that I love the 1000sdi GADE.Here IS PIC of engine.

Attachments

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
LouMan said:
Oh my god, I've felt better seeing an ugly fat chick in my bed waking up with a hangover.

[snapback]704533[/snapback]​
Ya, it felt like that plus the reason you were awaken is 10 of your buddies are banging on the door because they stopped in for a coffee on their way to go snowmobiling in the very best conditions of the year and you can't go because your piece of crap sled lunched the motor.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.