Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2004 600 HO SDI just turned 700 miles. Does anybody know what some of the warning signs are for ring failure? or is this even a problem on the SDI motor......

G

·
Lets see. Fuel milage starts to suffer. Hard starting. On carbed models you will find you have to start giving it more and more fuel to start it even when warm. Wont pull the same rpms is also correct. Stalling in reverse. Yep. Hey wait a minute. Sounds like all the symptoms of my sled. Yep need new rings again. So much for chrome nitrite.

·
Registered
272 Posts
rob7374 said:
Lets see. Fuel milage starts to suffer. Hard starting. On carbed models you will find you have to start giving it more and more fuel to start it even when warm. Wont pull the same rpms is also correct. Stalling in reverse. Yep. Hey wait a minute. Sounds like all the symptoms of my sled. Yep need new rings again. So much for chrome nitrite.
[snapback]282114[/snapback]​
Rob, How did you do against the other sleds on the creek on Saterday. was the gang out on Sunday?

·
Hold It Wide Open Till You See God
2,311 Posts
rob7374 said:
[snapback]282114[/snapback]​
What he said.
Just put in the chrome nitrate rings and am looking to trade.
Has anyone had problems with the 05 600s with new cylinders and chrome rings?

Alex

G

·
MACHZER said:
Rob, How did you do against the other sleds on the creek on Saterday. was the gang out on Sunday?

[snapback]282138[/snapback]​
I was wasting my time racing against most of the boyz. Bad rings is bad rings and nothing but new rings is gonna help it. But first we're going to see how long they last and if I can do some major damage to it. It's under warrenty and I'm just "edit for bad language" enough that I hope it grenades big time.
As for Sunday no the gang was not out. I got out with track but we just went out to log some miles on and hit the sand hills.

·
Registered
272 Posts
rob7374 said:
MACHZER said:

[snapback]282138[/snapback]​
I was wasting my time racing against most of the boyz. Bad rings is bad rings and nothing but new rings is gonna help it. But first we're going to see how long they last and if I can do some major damage to it. It's under warrenty and I'm just "edit for bad language" enough that I hope it grenades big time.
As for Sunday no the gang was not out. I got out with track but we just went out to log some miles on and hit the sand hills.
[snapback]282177[/snapback]​
Are you going out to Netley on the weekend?
We are planning for a good ride on Saterday leaving from Netley. Your welcome to join.

As there were lots of Cats there it's funny how the one F7 can be so much faster than the others. Other than TWR were the other guys local? Was TWR the faster F7? It was so much faster than the others I wonder if it was running a 8 or 9 kit.

Still a perfect place to race or set up. Mine is still bone stock..120 miles.

G

·
MACHZER said:
[
We are planning for a good ride on Saterday leaving from Netley. Your welcome to join.

As there were lots of Cats there it's funny how the one F7 can be so much faster than the others. Other than TWR were the other guys local? Was TWR the faster F7? It was so much faster than the others I wonder if it was running a 8 or 9 kit.

[snapback]282188[/snapback]​
Thanks for the invite but I will be helping some of the boyz set up for Ste Anne's. Races are on sunday and it looks like we will be playing with set ups on saturday. As for the fast F7. I assume you are talking about the orange one. Call her the "creamsicle". She's sweet. Only change we have done to it is clutch work. It aint no big bore trust me. It belongs to tracksidedown off of hardcoresledder.com He was the king on saturday. Seemed like nothing could touch him. The boyz at pureperformance have to be thanked for that set up.

·
Registered
272 Posts
rob7374 said:
MACHZER said:
[

[snapback]282188[/snapback]​
Thanks for the invite but I will be helping some of the boyz set up for Ste Anne's. Races are on sunday and it looks like we will be playing with set ups on saturday. As for the fast F7. I assume you are talking about the orange one. Call her the "creamsicle". She's sweet. Only change we have done to it is clutch work. It aint no big bore trust me. It belongs to tracksidedown off of hardcoresledder.com He was the king on saturday. Seemed like nothing could touch him. The boyz at pureperformance have to be thanked for that set up.
[snapback]282192[/snapback]​
Yep, it was fast. It took me a bit to get by him. Once my sled hooked up though mine went by him at a good clip and continued to pull away from him down the creek although the one end is scary . You always have to keep that in mind. Still it really went compared to the others. Mine would only trench off the line but once it
hooked up away it goes. Should improve greatly once some clutching under the hood. Did he GPS any runs on Saterday? Has he raced a Fusion with that set-up and what were the results?

Might see you guys on Saterday if testing on the creek. Good luck at St.Annes.

G

·
MACHZER said:
Yep, it was fast. It took me a bit to get by him. Once my sled hooked up though mine went by him at a good clip and continued to pull away from him down the creek although the one end is scary . You always have to keep that in mind. Still it really went compared to the others. Mine would only trench off the line but once it
hooked up away it goes. Should improve greatly once some clutching under the hood. Did he GPS any runs on Saterday? Has he raced a Fusion with that set-up and what were the results?

[snapback]282465[/snapback]​
Scary thing is that sled is even faster when we set the suspension up for drags. Remember it is a sno pro version and it's made for the ditch.
In 660's the Fusions are no problem with that sled. Even out further than that. But the way we have it set up it is really a 93 mph sled. No faster. Stock gearing in the D/D just clutching.
Those Mach's need a better track. Talk to Kam or Kevin at Pure Performance. 204-871-5070. They have or at least had a brand new 1.25 rip saw that they want $500 for. Way better track and it will help you hook.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Glad to hear tracks sled was running hard. Basically his sled isnt set up for the real long pulls with that big track and the clutching thats in there.
From what I have heard ROB, YOU were untouchable in the trails!
Apparantly your sleds upshift and back shift was great, now if we could just get that darn top end figured out we could be laughing! Oh yeah, i guess your riding ability had something to do with it too!

Machzer, is your sled stock?

rob7374 said:
MACHZER said:

Scary thing is that sled is even faster when we set the suspension up for drags. Remember it is a sno pro version and it's made for the ditch.
In 660's the Fusions are no problem with that sled. Even out further than that. But the way we have it set up it is really a 93 mph sled. No faster. Stock gearing in the D/D just clutching.
Those Mach's need a better track. Talk to Kam or Kevin at Pure Performance. 204-871-5070. They have or at least had a brand new 1.25 rip saw that they want $500 for. Way better track and it will help you hook.
[snapback]282562[/snapback]​

·
Registered
272 Posts
Rev said:
Glad to hear tracks sled was running hard. Basically his sled isnt set up for the real long pulls with that big track and the clutching thats in there.
Apparantly your sleds upshift and back shift was great, now if we could just get that darn top end figured out we could be laughing! Oh yeah, i guess your riding ability had something to do with it too!

rob7374 said:
MACHZER said:

[snapback]282562[/snapback]​
[snapback]282812[/snapback]​
Yes it is bone stock. Right out of the box. I have not even played with the suspension settings yet. THis sled's stock clutching is way out which is a suprise for Ski Doo as they are usally pretty good.
They say that clutching the Z really improves on acceleration and top end. I thought I would wait a bit for the dust to settle first before looking at a kit. Helixes are not even avaiable yet. It does need a track though for sure.

G

·
Rev said:

I was high as a kite on medication for my cold and broncitis and it just seemed to be flowing through the rough and railing in the corners. At least in my mind. They said not to operate heavy equipment. My REV aint heavy so lets ride. Gotta say that hyperlite feels just awesome in the trails and the rough. Seems to have cleared itself of it's over rev off of jumps which is nice.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts