Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,898 Posts
Try the 06 Summit X taillight. Takes some fabricated but works very good. It will be standard equipment on all 07 X models.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Ski-B said:
Try the 06 Summit X taillight. Takes some fabricated but works very good. It will be standard equipment on all 07 X models.
[snapback]739580[/snapback]​
do u have any pics of this?

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ski-B said:
[snapback]739580[/snapback]​
do u have any pics of this?
[snapback]740312[/snapback]​
Yeah...can you post a pics of your brake lights

Is SLP light any good ??? Is it just brake light ???

·
Registered
5,898 Posts
I had the SLP led light on mine first, did not like it, it was just a brake light. I will have to get the wife to post a pic, i am not shure how to, my avator is the only pic as of now.
In the forum there is some pics of the 07 MX-Z 550 F, and it has the same taillight.

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
I tried two different SLP LED taillights and got a lot of complaints
about their invisibility when covered with just a little snow. Made this
one with a $6 tailight from Walmart. Cut the lens off at an angle and made
the Carbon Fibre backing plate/ socket from scratch. It weighs 7 oz and has
worked perfectly.

Good Luck

·
Registered
4,711 Posts
FWIW. I bought and installed both the Four Barr and the SLP LED's. The first SLP I received, the running light did not work at all and the brake worked fine. It was exchanged at my shipping, duty and tax expense. The second one only lasted one ride, the running light only had 3 LED's working but the brake worked fine. It is obviously an internal problem not a wiring problem. It now has only 1 running LED working and the brake still works fine. The Four Barr has worked fine from day one and still does.
The SLP light does not cast as much of a dispersed light thru its housing, more of a direct light that is easily affected by the angle the light is viewed on.
The Four Barr light has no housing and the heads of the LED's are exposed but it casts a really dispersed light. I originally thought it would look weaker the the SLP because it's not in a red casing but the SLP does not light up the casing very much and kindu funnels the light out the tubes in the housing.
I'm done with shipping Canada to US, duty etc.. and the SLP is just an additional brake light for now. Eventually I'll replace it with just and reflector.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts