Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Just my 2 cents, between tillitson and walbro I'd rather burn them and put on a Mikuni. Starts easier and runs a lot smoother with a Mikuni IMO.

I have done many tillitson to mikuni conversions on old Rotax engines, which also includes drilling the case and adding an impulse nipple for the fuel pump, and they always seem to run better with the Mikuni (There's a reason they went to Mikuni, haha, tillitson is basically a big chainsaw carb :biggrin_old: ). Not much experience with Walbro, but I just like Mikuni because parts are very plentiful. I did a 640, tillitson to mikuni conversion a couple years back, drilled the case, added an impulse nipple and a fuel pump, and if I remember correctly, I used a VM-32mm or 34mm Mikuni, and the thing ran great.

If you're looking for a Mikuni, I can sell you one, I have a lot of them. Is your 640 the newer style with the impulse port?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.