Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am debating replacing the rear HPG shock on my Gade with a HPG VR unit from the GSX to make the sled handle the studder bumps better.The suspension currently set-up handles the bigger bumps great but on Sunday afternoons its all studders.Has anyone rode a Gade then a GSX sport or Limited and can comment.
My last sled a Polaris Edge with the PPS (position sensitive shock) worked great at
filtering out those.The Doo VR shock seems the same.I am not comparing the Doo to the Polaris as the rider forward design is definately superior!Just want to know if its worth the change and will it fit.Thanks

·
Registered
752 Posts
i had the vr`s in my 03 rev and they were great in the stutters ,i defitnally notice a harsher ride in the stutters on my 04 rev , when they switched to there current non rebuildable hpg shocks i have a 05 gade (non x) and i think it rides great in the stutters especally hitting them at 40mph plus. i have a expet-x in my 04 rev and i perfer the 05 gade. how do you have your suspension set up?

·
Registered
115 Posts
I have an 03 rev with VR shocks
converted to a 136 track this year
shocks were revalved stiffer...and then had rear shock only revalved for maximun rebound damping---I can sit down at pretty much any speed and rail through the stutters

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yukon I have my suspension set up at follows:Front track spring #2.Rear torsion springs on #2.Front suspension springs #1.Coupler block long end down.(fully coupled) Any stiffer on thease settings and it rides to stiff with my 150 lb frame.Any sugestions on better set-up for those nasty stutters.Honestly i rode a 03 Rev sport 600HO and it sucked up the trail trash much better plus it was a short track.Its got to be the shocks,what do you think,will the HPG VR of the GSX fit.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I know the Gade has a different part number than the 121" adrenaline for the rear shocks . Double check the specs to make sure it will fit.

There might be something wrong with your set up because my 04 gade rides much better in the stutters than my 04 121" adrenaline did. Same milage same conditions. I got to ride them back to back.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I got hpg VR on my 03rev. I took and put duel spring set up on the front shock, 276lb large coil and 3somthing small coil. Valving was changed to a few more shims reboud and one more for compression to help with fast shaft speed bottem outs. The rear shock I added a few more shims to help with fast shaft speed bottem outs, that is becouse I run low setting on the stock t-spring. This helps stop the rear kick that sc10 3's are known for on the 03 rev. The extra shims stop the rear skid for slaming on a jump, but let it compress nicely on the trail in the bumps.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts