Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rode at Summit yesterday and had a great time. snow was fantastic except on top where it was wind blown really bad. decided to spend the night at waters edge so we could ride again today and this morning while looking the sled over i see a big gap in the carb boot. i looked a the plug and saw it was white and from all the reading i do on here i know that white is a bad color to have on the plugs. it is still under warrenty so getting it fixed should be no trouble but my question is this. should i let the dealer use the stock Doo parts or would i just be better off getting a TT kit from Big John? i am kind of thinking that the TT kit would be best. Either way the sled is going to the dealer on monday so they can get it in to get taken care of. Reflex camera Camera lens Camera accessory Digital camera Camera Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tire Hood Automotive design

Attachments

G

·
v force are solid plastic.....no holes or delams in 3 seasons. im no marketing executive,......but what is cheaper....recall on carb boots or replacing motors.....hmmmm ill have to think about this. eveytime i read these threads i get p/off

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i just hope i saw the problem in time to have prevented any engine damage. But with all the white on the plug i dont have much of a warm fuzzy about that

G

·
racnooc said:
i just hope i saw the problem in time to have prevented any engine damage. But with all the white on the plug i dont have much of a warm fuzzy about that

[snapback]699551[/snapback]​
after reading all these threads,.....if i bought new......id change the stocks to vforce......not for performance but piece of mind from defects. then id up the oil adjustment to 25mm just to make sure it was pumping enough. ....then id adjust from there. id rather foul plugs, than smoke the motor

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
I would take the machine to the dealer and get all the original doo parts. I would also order vforce or boysen reeds and boots and replace the parts as soon as you get it home. That way you will have an extra set of reeds and boots. Buddy of mine says the boysen reed petals last longer than the vforce. I went the vforce just prior to learning about the petals, Doh!. Check the reed valve bases as they deteriorate also. Also check the carbs as they are likely corroded. I put Big Johns TT kit on my machine (thats when I found the bad parts) and am very impressed. I ended up putting the 1/4 inch spacer in as I didn't know any better. I have fallen off the back several times just goosing it. Get the kit and hang on tight. I also went to a 46 lower gear.

Mark

1 - 5 of 5 Posts