Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have wondered about this:

Why do snowmobiles vibrate? How come certain models in a lineup vibrate and certain ones don't? I find it difficult to understand how you can have 10 snowmobiles of the same make, model, year, cc's, everything, right out of the crate and there could be 4 out of the 10 that vibrate like crazy and the others are tight and quiet as anything. For the price of some of these machines, you think the build quality would be better and it would be more consistant in manufacturing. I know the mechanic at my local ski-doo dealer. He told me the new 1000sdi vibrates like crazy. You probably all think I'm gone nuts, but to me riding a snowmobile this day and age, you shouldn't be bothered with a vibration up through the machine, making your hands a feet uncomfortable at any time or any speed. My brother in law has a '99 summit 600 and that thing has zero vibration in it. He was hard on it too. He raced it a couple of years.

Am I gone kookoo on this one or what? Let me know what you think?

I don't know how people put up with it.

p.s. I'm not just talking the ski-doo brand here, It would be all brands in general.

NorthernStar

·
Registered
12 Posts
My 600 H.O. Vibrated worse on the left side than the right side my second season of riding so I started looking and found the steel bar that goes from the top to the side framing had cracked at the weld where it mounts to the side. Had my buddy reweld it and all is good. I geuss thats what happens when you pound on them like I doo and I got two steel plates with 14 screws in my right arm

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
Its basically a caterpillar, you really can't expect a car like smoothness!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.