Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Wondering if anyone has had any experience with the VForce3 reeds for the 800 etec's. I'm looking to get a set for my 2015 renegade XRS, just wanted to get general feedback and are they worth it? Want can you expect performance wise?

VForce3 Reeds Model: V3122R-873K-2

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
thought my '12 800 had a little better response but otherwise not noticeable. changed mine at 2500 miles while the piston update was being done. the stockers were already showing some wear. Good luck !

·
Registered
4,460 Posts
They greatly improved the stock reeds on the 800 etec in 2014 and newer. You can probably find some new ones on ebay for cheap.

·
Registered
505 Posts
I've got a 2016 800 E-Tec XRS and got 17000 Mi out of my stockers! Only two of them had slight tatters at the tip. I replaced them with OEM this summer. I think because they see no fuel and 100% oil they last and last. I've got a discount and they still cost $270. But for me the peace of mind is worth it.

·
Registered
27,764 Posts
I've got a 2016 800 E-Tec XRS and got 17000 Mi out of my stockers! Only two of them had slight tatters at the tip. I replaced them with OEM this summer. I think because they see no fuel and 100% oil they last and last. I've got a discount and they still cost $270. But for me the peace of mind is worth it.
How many miles on the engine?

·
Registered
505 Posts
I had 13,000 miles on original motor. It ran like new. I had a stator failure that I kind of helped happen because I was at the end of my 4-year warranty. Mechanic said this caused a lean condition with one of the injectors which caused it to burn down. I got to see inside the motor at the shop and the cylinder that didn't melt look brand new. I think the 100% oil in the bottom end really makes them last. Repack PTO bearing every 3000 with isoflex. Now I have 4000 MI on warranty remanufactured short black. Oh yeah always ran BRP full synthetic. That will never change. Oh yeah and about the reeds I ran them up to 17,000 miles before I replace them this Summer. Two of them had maybe an eighth inch of tattered corner on them. Kind of got off topic from v-force reads, sorry. I guess what I'm saying is OEM last a very long time!

·
Registered
27,764 Posts
The oem reeds and boots are top notch imo. But if you want to use V-Force reeds, I say go for it. The 800 E-TEC already uses W type reads, so there is nowhere the advantage as when sleds were using V reeds, if any advantage. On the 600 SDI I can see a difference in the idle, but the 600 E-TEC controls the idle so I doubt it would be noticeable. It's not very scientific, but I haven't noticed any problems either, so take it for what it is worth.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Just following this thread and I am curious is there any performance gain or benefits with the after market reeds?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts