Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well im in the market for some new reed boots, or complete kit, because my vforce3's are cracking,ive got a couple questions. what is the life exp on those reeds them selfs?i have no idea how old or miles on them,when i bought my sled the pre owner bought a pair of used ones for it.or can i just replace the boots?and who has the some good deals on them these days?and i dont want boyesen,i dont want to mess with jetting.i only plan on keeping this sled for another year or 2 then ill proberly upgrade.

·
Registered
218 Posts
save $$ go buy a 10$ tube of windshield urathaine. put it in the crack/rips and it will seal them like new or better. my boot was split so i put some urathaine in the crack then smeared the urathaine all over the boot and now it better than new....or u could go buy new boots from v force for 100 bucks each....ill stick with the urathaine

·
800ho x
1,170 Posts
ive got 2 seasons on mine and they still look new..i would shop ebay or call the mfg direct and get a set of boots..if your toing to replace one you might as well do both

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
im deff replacing both boots im just not sure yet if i should just go ahead and get a brand new kit.i just didnt know if the reed petels get weak after a while,last time i had the motor apart they didnt have any damage.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Check the petals, if they are chipped or not lying flat to the body they should be replaced. The urathane trick will a probably work but for the cost of a couple of pistons and maybe a jug IMO I would buy the new boots.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
can someone get me a quick answer on this,im looking and i see 2 diff intake boots,one has the (boostbottle)hole on top(that i have on mine) and others do not but both say its for the 03 600ho? and also ive seen some that say delta force on them are they all the same?and can i buy a replacement intake gasket or do i have to use vforce ones for it?

·
Registered
271 Posts
can someone get me a quick answer on this,im looking and i see 2 diff intake boots,one has the (boostbottle)hole on top(that i have on mine) and others do not but both say its for the 03 600ho? and also ive seen some that say delta force on them are they all the same?and can i buy a replacement intake gasket or do i have to use vforce ones for it?
yea they should all be the same.. your not running a boost bottle any way right? as long as it says it will fit a 600 (i believe 800 is the same too).. then you are good to go... and as far as the gaskets.. you can get them from the dealer.. or from vforce.. they are all the same.. hope that helps..

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yea they should all be the same.. your not running a boost bottle any way right? as long as it says it will fit a 600 (i believe 800 is the same too).. then you are good to go... and as far as the gaskets.. you can get them from the dealer.. or from vforce.. they are all the same.. hope that helps..
yes its got some sort of boost bottle on it,i thought it was stock

·
Registered
3,832 Posts
Why would you have to change jetting for Boyesen? I have them on my sled with stock jetting and everything is fine, many many other people also have the same setup I do. You will be in a worse spot if you cheap out and your motor blows before you want to sell it...

·
Registered
887 Posts
My buddy had a reed crack on him and get sucked into the motor last week. His were vforce, previous owner installed them too. Wouldn't be a bad idea to change them for a piece of mind. He also put new boots on this year an they're already starting to delaminate.

And boyesen reeds require no jetting changes.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Inspect the pedals, if the corners are not worn away, they are closing tight, and there is no cracking then leave them. Just do the boots. Mine went bad four years ago, the tell tale sign was no throttle response past 1/4 throttle. I replaced them then and they still look like new ( boots included). I inspect them every spring.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
the only reason im not getting boyesen is ive read that there are a pia to rejet and some people get a low end bog

My buddy had a reed crack on him and get sucked into the motor last week. His were vforce, previous owner installed them too. Wouldn't be a bad idea to change them for a piece of mind. He also put new boots on this year an they're already starting to delaminate.

And boyesen reeds require no jetting changes.

·
Registered
9,622 Posts
i have had boyesen Rad valves for 5000mi and no bog,,and have had 360 main jets,,370s..380s..and for the hell of it i tried 400s/no bog,,,600HO,,also have had 17.5s, and 20 pilots,,needles stock and dropped .030 and summit needles and many mixture screw settings,,no bog,lol

whoever bogged has messed up something installing them or its something else causing the bog

it has bogged a few times when i ran out of gas a few times/when the rings were shot and it only got 7.5mpg/back in 2004

·
Registered
88 Posts
vforce are junk i just did my engin and know i gotta buy a new pistont and rings and a cyclender becuse there rubber boots suck ass theys reed arnt even a year old yet go get some boyseen reeds way better and it wont cost you 600$ to fix it later.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
My Vforce are three years old and are fine, If any boots are poor in 1 year I would contact whomever you got them from I have heard of others getting new ones no questions asked for any that are cracking that quickly. Also people have said the air box puts some stress on the boot by hanging on them and have put some foam under the box to help support it. Many are very happy with VForce myself included.

·
Registered
9,622 Posts
My Vforce are three years old and are fine, If any boots are poor in 1 year I would contact whomever you got them from I have heard of others getting new ones no questions asked for any that are cracking that quickly. Also people have said the air box puts some stress on the boot by hanging on them and have put some foam under the box to help support it. Many are very happy with VForce myself included.
supporting the carbs too the upper frame with a big zip tie is way better than worrying about the airbox,,,carbs weigh alot more and are attached to the intakes

·
Registered
269 Posts
supporting the carbs too the upper frame with a big zip tie is way better than worrying about the airbox,,,carbs weigh alot more and are attached to the intakes
X2, 3, and 4!!!

·
Registered
344 Posts
i had v-force installed on my 2005 550 before last season. all good so far. the speedshop that put them on reused stock boots, cut the moldings off the back to fit new reed cage. as usual the boots were breaking by this fall. bought stock style replacements from sledparts,com, way cheaper than from dealer. cut them down to fit same as speedshop did and working fine.new boots this time seem to made of different rubber compound,maybe they have finally figured out how to make some that will last,

http://www.sled-parts.com/sledparts/sledparts_vforce.html

1 - 20 of 20 Posts