Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my sled back today with new chrome rings, double sided crank seals, new crank bearings, and a new governor cup for the primary clutch. My warranty ran out 11 months ago....I paid 88.00 for everything! Everything but 1.1 hours of labor got covered by SKIDOO. I am very happy with the service from the dealer and the help from BRP. Hamlins Marine is excellent to deal with. And.... the sled runs great. Tempted to sell it though. I have a guy who will pay 6000.00 for it, is that a good deal for an 03 800 with 1225 miles?

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes what? I should grab the 6000?

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Ski-Doo's Best,
What's this double sided crak seal? Is it a new type of replacement seal or is it the same thing that we already have? Also, what do they attribute the bearing failure to? Did the isoflex leak out of the seal or does the stuff just dissipate over time?

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The double sided seals are new on the 05's. They required a special tool to install. My bearings hadn't failed yet but the PTO bearing was popped out half way and was leaking isoflex grease and spewing it onto the clutch cover/guard

1 - 7 of 7 Posts