Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new 850 Summit coming shortly and have been shopping for a clutch kit for tree play use in high and low elevation applications. I plan to buy one from either Joe or SHR, I have dealt with both in the past and always been happy.

My question pertains to what the main differences or selling points of each kit are? From what I can tell the price looks similar, Joe's gets a helix and uses pivot weight, SHR's gets adjustable ramps with tip weight. But what does this mean for performance, each of use, and wear?

I'm not trying to start a p!ssing match between vendors or get replies of which one you use, just trying to understand the differences between the two kits and what would best work for my application?

Jason

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
You will get lots of opinions on this. Both kits will perform way better than stock. Its simple physics actually , mass and the diameter of where the extra mass is placed from the centerline of the rotating assembly, effect the centrifugal force on the sides of the belt.

My advice to you is to call each vendor and come up with your own opinion of which kit will work the best for you. The vendors can explain their products better and may have new developments for this coming season, that we may not know about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
4,818 Posts
I have a new 850 Summit coming shortly and have been shopping for a clutch kit for tree play use in high and low elevation applications. I plan to buy one from either Joe or SHR, I have dealt with both in the past and always been happy.

My question pertains to what the main differences or selling points of each kit are? From what I can tell the price looks similar, Joe's gets a helix and uses pivot weight, SHR's gets adjustable ramps with tip weight. But what does this mean for performance, each of use, and wear?

I'm not trying to start a p!ssing match between vendors or get replies of which one you use, just trying to understand the differences between the two kits and what would best work for my application?

Jason
IMHO and from testing ALL versions possible 3 years ago...

My current kit offers the most flexibilty for HI altitude WITH the right amount of tip weight for low elevation...

Call for specific details and a profile to match your sled-BJ

Reactions: ROBGROTTO
1 - 3 of 3 Posts