Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
macker said:
0Z2MAN said:
Has anyone installed V force reeds on their ZX chassis? Did you have to modify the boots in any way? Thanks
[snapback]702283[/snapback]​
Those reeds come with there own boots. I was advised to not knock the holes out of the top of the boots and leave the boost bottle off.
[snapback]702289[/snapback]​
Do you know if you would have to modify if they don't have the boots? Thanks.

·
Registered
513 Posts
I just added VForce 3 reeds to my 2000 700 and I was told that if I did not have to mess with the carbs and rejet then I should use the boost bottle. To do this you will need to get the boots for the Flat slide carbs(even if you have round slides). I used a die grinder to open the boost bottle ports and then used a heat gun to warm up the boot. They slide right on and everything else went together without any mods.

·
Registered
243 Posts
ma1shug1 said:
I just added VForce 3 reeds to my 2000 700 and I was told that if I did not have to mess with the carbs and rejet then I should use the boost bottle. To do this you will need to get the boots for the Flat slide carbs(even if you have round slides). I used a die grinder to open the boost bottle ports and then used a heat gun to warm up the boot. They slide right on and everything else went together without any mods.
[snapback]702578[/snapback]​
Just put a set of v force 3's in my 01 MXZ 800. The reeds came with the boots with a spot for a hole for the bottle. I was told that if you dont run the bottle than you have to screw with your jetting. If you put the reeds in say good bye to your gas milage.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ma1shug1 said:
I am looking at some used reeds and I'm not if the boots come with them. Where would I get the boots if they are not included? I'm sure that MT would not supply me with some would they ? Thanks

·
Registered
126 Posts
0Z2MAN said:
ma1shug1 said:
I am looking at some used reeds and I'm not if the boots come with them. Where would I get the boots if they are not included? I'm sure that MT would not supply me with some would they ? Thanks
[snapback]702737[/snapback]​
If your boots are good then you can cut out the old reeds and install the new ones. Just make sure the seal is good or access air will come in. If your boots are cracked like most 2000 to 2002 twins are then you can get VForce 3 for a little over 200 new with the boots. But if you just look for the boots they can be expensive from Skidoo. It would be cheaper to buy new VForce 3 then buy the used reeds and have to buy new boots as well. I put VForce 3's on my 02 800 they came with new boots paid like 240 at Novi snow expo and I have seen a improvement in my mileage. I also put in the boost bottle so I wouldn't have to mess with anything.

·
Registered
243 Posts
skidoofan said:
0Z2MAN said:
ma1shug1 said:
[snapback]702737[/snapback]​
If your boots are good then you can cut out the old reeds and install the new ones. Just make sure the seal is good or access air will come in. If your boots are cracked like most 2000 to 2002 twins are then you can get VForce 3 for a little over 200 new with the boots. But if you just look for the boots they can be expensive from Skidoo. It would be cheaper to buy new VForce 3 then buy the used reeds and have to buy new boots as well. I put VForce 3's on my 02 800 they came with new boots paid like 240 at Novi snow expo and I have seen a improvement in my mileage. I also put in the boost bottle so I wouldn't have to mess with anything.
[snapback]702853[/snapback]​
My V Force 3's were $300 out of denis kirk. It is cheeper than buying the parts from skidoo. BRP wants $150 for just the socket without the reed in it. The stock reeds are junk and delaminate. I had a cracked boot at 1000 miles so i just put the aftermarket ones in.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.