Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Anybody have any experience with the Boysen RAD valves? I've seen the V-force seem to be the prefered replacement, but has anyone tried the others? My carb sockets are junk and need replaced. I checked Shade Tree and they were out of stock on the V-force. I thought I'd check here for other opinions. Can you tell me $ you paid for which one and where?
Thanks in advance,
Eurofan
Also, do both come complete?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Eurofan said:
Anybody have any experience with the Boysen RAD valves? I've seen the V-force seem to be the prefered replacement, but has anyone tried the others? My carb sockets are junk and need replaced. I checked Shade Tree and they were out of stock on the V-force. I thought I'd check here for other opinions. Can you tell me $ you paid for which one and where?
Thanks in advance,
Eurofan
Also, do both come complete?
[snapback]697175[/snapback]​
I had a seadoo mechanic tell me to go with the v forces i got mine for 280$ through jr graham out of maine.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Put a set of Boyesen on a 05 Summit 600 ho, and yes they come complete. The bigest diff i feel is on the bottom end, hits hard and seems cleaner and more crisp through the rest of the power band. price was 400 cnd and they are made way better then any of the rubber ones just look at a set you can tell.

·
G MAN
5,381 Posts
I've used both and from what I can tell (not using a dyno) the Rad valves open quicker and give more low end response but the V-Force will actually give a little better powerband once you get your rpm's up.

Have Fun,

G MAN

·
Just the Tip!!
2,504 Posts
I put the boysen reed petals in mine and made a big difference, buddy of mine is taking his V-Force out of his 99 600 because he doesnt notice a thing.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Just the petals? I was thinking of doing that on my 04 800.

BTANK said:
I put the boysen reed petals in mine and made a big difference, buddy of mine is taking his V-Force out of his 99 600 because he doesnt notice a thing.
[snapback]697956[/snapback]​

·
Registered
286 Posts
gman ..which do you prefer ? i need to order some and undecided they are both the same price $399.00 +tax canadian . i am leaning towards the boysen rad valve, i have vforce 3's in the quad &like them but thought i would try something different . probably like both ???

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
I bought some Rad valves from Devin for my RKT motor. They work great! The Boyesens petals will out last the V-Force 3 to 1

-Mike

·
G MAN
5,381 Posts
b-350 said:
gman ..which do you prefer ? i need to order some and undecided they are both the same price $399.00 +tax canadian . i am leaning towards the boysen rad valve, i have vforce 3's in the quad &like them but thought i would try something different . probably like both ???
[snapback]698173[/snapback]​
For drag racing or trail riding Boyesens. For boondocking or mountain riding definitely the V-Force.

Have Fun,

G MAN

·
ITs WINTER!
7,497 Posts
Well through royaldistributing its $399.95 for rad valves or $399.95 for the vforce.

Then theirs the boyesen petals for $109.95

Is it really worth spending that much more?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts