Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question reguarding the snow flap on a '05 machine. Is there an easy fix of some kind to stop the snow flap from getting sucked under the track when using the RER feature. Thanks for help with this.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Install 144 picks..... lower the tension on your rear springs sit towards the back of the sled hit reverse and pin it. Should fix it in a couple of feet.
Seriously though the strap works great, as for cutting the flap it also works but you may get a little less cooling, and your riding buddies may not ride with you after.

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
yeah don't use it in powder, it's not meant for that.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks to you all for your help and suggestions. It may have been a silly question. But it's been sucked up not only in the snow but getting if off the trailer.I will try the strap to keep it in place.

·
Fuzzy but not Blue........
10,737 Posts
When you install the strap put it back far enough to keep it out of the track when it squats and the snow dosen't push it in. -Grover

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Cut it at the seam, this is exactly why it is there. Don't screw around, this will allow you to back up in any snow and believe me it happens, then on the trail it keeps people off your butt, don't let them give you crap, there is no reason to follow that close and if they do they deserve the snow blasting they get
So just make light passes, don't try and cut it at once, and you will have a snowflap that will never fold in again. You also forgot about backing out of a steep trailer, same problem is solved with the cutting of the flap.

·
www.kalcoinspections.com
3,186 Posts
I have cut the flaps for reverse for years now. No negative results. I have never had a sled overheat with the flap being cut. Cut the flap nicely and most people cant tell its not stock. Snow dust is irrelevant unless you take off half or more. I cut about 3"s off all my sleds and noone has ever complained when following me. No ugly makeshift looking straps, no worries about loosing them or sucking them under. I can reverse in deep snow with studs and not catch the flap, all day long. I can't believe that this can even be an issue for debate.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.