Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
My sled is a 2011 Renegade Adrenaline 800 Etec. I broke my bars on my sled and am picking up a new set. They are complete with grips and heaters, but they are for the X package, with just the 2 wires. The X package had control through the gauge cluster for adjustable heaters and mine is just high/low/off on the handlebars. I know you can make the 3 wire work with the 2 wire plug, but can you make the 2 wire warmers work with the 3 wire plug? Im thinking its going to be either high or low, but not both with just the 2 wires. Thanks!

·
Registered
417 Posts
You are correct. You will want to wire your two wire to the high side (solid colors if I remember). Solid black and solid orange. The bad thing about this is that your hands go from freezing to burning. (Loving the adjustable heat settings on my 2016 sled).

You could also jumper off the orange wire of the element with a resistor to your low side to give you lows. Not sure what resistance you would want to cut the heat back some. I was in this same predicament in the past. I finally just ordered new 3 wires elements and put those on.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm thinking I will just do that. I was able to save 1 side from my old bars, so i just need to buy 1 new one, for $25 or whatever. Not too bad.

I suppose I could just check the resistance of the 3 wire and get a resistor to match and wire it to the low side.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts