Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone out there go from shapers to round and notice a big improvement in ease of steering? I'm running 4-1/2" shapers right now and don't want to spend more $ if the round won't improve effort much. As mentioned by many I think the shapers are overkill on a Rev.

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
I have had a few customers switch to the round bars, but I myself have the 6" shapers and like them. They don't feel too aggressive to me, and I have a ripsaw w/no studs.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
I had 6in shapers and went to 6 in round on my ZX. Effort was better,and lets you crank up the springs and bit, so its better in the loose stuff. The effort changed too much from real hard to loose snow, doesn't change as much now. The skis are so agressive, I don't think you really need the shapers, but thats just my opinion.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have 6" round on my SPX, they were terrible to steer, I made several changes to the ski's and sled. I can now ride 50 miles without severe arm pump? In my opinion the shapers are not needed, I would put them on the precisions were they might come in handy?

·
Premium Member
8,339 Posts
I went form shapers to round bars, big improvement . These skis are so aggressive shapers are over kill in anything but powder or very loose snow. I have set of slightly used shapers 7in for sale if anyone is interested or trade for rounds.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
buckhunter said:
I have 6" round on my SPX, they were terrible to steer, I made several changes to the ski's and sled. I can now ride 50 miles without severe arm pump? In my opinion the shapers are not needed, I would put them on the precisions were they might come in handy?
[snapback]281298[/snapback]​
Thanks. So what changes did you make to the ski's and sled?

·
Registered
386 Posts
I rode 130 miles this weekend with the SPX and 6" shapers. I didnt think it was all that bad. I had some crazy inside ski lift at first, but I tightened the front shocks from 2 to 3 and pretty much cured it.

Eric

ren said:
buckhunter said:
[snapback]281298[/snapback]​
Thanks. So what changes did you make to the ski's and sled?
[snapback]281453[/snapback]​

·
Registered
302 Posts
drewalt said:
I have had a few customers switch to the round bars, but I myself have the 6" shapers and like them. They don't feel too aggressive to me, and I have a ripsaw w/no studs.
[snapback]280560[/snapback]​
What do you mean about "to agressive"??? How do they compare to the precisions on tracks???

1 - 10 of 10 Posts