Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone figure out the hard steering on Rev's with USI Project X skis? This thing steers like a tank....but it does grip better than the precisions that were on there before.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I have no problem with mine, I expect them to be heavier steering. I figure it's one of the trade off's for using aggressive snow-cross skis. I really don't think thare that bad.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
tonga3 said:
I have no problem with mine, I expect them to be heavier steering. I figure it's one of the trade off's for using aggressive snow-cross skis. I really don't think thare that bad.
[snapback]290228[/snapback]​
Mine steer real heavy though wondering if anyone has tried to loosen them up some.....some hard steering is ok but this is just unbearable.

·
Registered
173 Posts
If you do a quick search, somebody just talked about bending the runner up at the rear of the ski. I think it was posted today. Try a quick search.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
nbrenegade said:
Have you guys tried shimming the rear of the saddle block?? This will help if the ski is to heavy on the front which will make it hard to steer......
[snapback]290259[/snapback]​
Got any pics of what you are talking about?

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
tonga3 said:
If you do a quick search, somebody just talked about bending the runner up at the rear of the ski. I think it was posted today. Try a quick search.

[snapback]290255[/snapback]​
I really don't think that I can bend a 6 inch shaper bar......pretty darn tough to do if you ask me.

·
RETIRED
11,148 Posts
nbrenegade said:
Have you guys tried shimming the rear of the saddle block?? This will help if the ski is to heavy on the front which will make it hard to steer......
this will also help the wear on the front of the carbides
if you notice most of the wear is on the front part of the carbides

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
bruins55 said:
nbrenegade said:
Got any pics of what you are talking about?
[snapback]290265[/snapback]​
Sorry guys I can't seem to do "links", but if you do a search on "Flex ski light steering" Snowman9000 posted some great links on the subject. I think this could help with your heavy steering......

·
Premium Member
8,339 Posts
Take the shaper bars off and put on round carbides. Big improvement and still very responsive. Shapers are way to aggressive with this ski on a rev except in powder.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Call USI directly, and they will tell you step by step what to do to lighten the steering with their skis.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Part of it is just a characteristic of the ski itself, ya know. Take a look at the length of the keel of that ski. It's long. Now imagine what lengthening the keel with do to the steering effort required. Of course you've already discovered the up side of that large keel-it goes where you point it, period.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts