Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone use these on a 1200 'Gade? I used these in sno-x a few years back, but have been using razors on the trail ever since. Looking for some feedback from those that have used both. I like agressive skis with shapers and lots of carbide. Is one better than the other for trail riding? Thanks

·
Registered
255 Posts
I tried a set of usi's last year and didnt like them at all. I always ran them on my yamis but they did not work on my 2010 gade x. Very hard to steer and caused alot of ski lift. I put stock back on and it was much better so I'm going with 6.9's this year.

·
aka DooNut.
1,623 Posts
I ran them on an 03 REV shorty and found them to be NFG WAY too much steering effort a low speed. Totally dofferent chassis but just my experience.

·
Fuzzy but not Blue........
10,665 Posts
The 1200's have more weight over the skis and going to a agressive deeper keel ski will really increase the input and other negitives unless you're really going to change up your suspension setup to counter that. I've always changed out to a more agressive single keel ski on my past sleds but the stockers seems to do very well with this package, more impressed than I thought I would. Running the Shaper bars on the center and put the stockers on the outside(helps with wear) and it just rails! I had the 5.7's on my past sled and put them on the wife's, worked great for her but weren't to my liking. I'm, like some of the others on here, going to give the 6.9's a try this year only due to help out floatation for it off trail, should work out well from the feedack so far. It also helps changing out the track to something with a deeper lug to help with front end lift when getting into looser fluff, changed mine out from the get go and worked better than the stock 1".

-Grover

·
Registered
647 Posts
I feel 6.9's are the way to go. USI's are a great ski but make the steering effort to hard on the rider forward 4 strokes. To much weight over the skis. Most of our group has pulled there USI's off there sleds and bought 6.9's. For the money, there tough to beat. They float off trail good and still bite good on trail with light steering effort. Great combo when you put that all together.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts