Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one notice a lack of used sleds available in their area? I know it's still early, but typically they start popping up. I'll be listing mine for sale soon, not sure if a replacement will happen this year. Even if it did, I still can't find a freeride 137/146 or a 16+ BCX.

I guess people could be holding on to them instead of replacing this year due to economy uncertainty, but it seems there's no used ones and low new inventory at dealers as well?

·
Registered
379 Posts
Any one notice a lack of used sleds available in their area? I know it's still early, but typically they start popping up. I'll be listing mine for sale soon, not sure if a replacement will happen this year. Even if it did, I still can't find a freeride 137/146 or a 16+ BCX.

I guess people could be holding on to them instead of replacing this year due to economy uncertainty, but it seems there's no used ones and low new inventory at dealers as well?
You may have to travel a ways to get one your looking for. Check Craigs List and Face book in other areas. I would drive up to 200 miles and maybe more for the right sled and deal. I drove 160 miles one way to buy a sled and 140 one way last fall for a sled trailer. Both were just what I was looking for and good deals. Was well worth the drive. I looked at each as an adventure and went to towns I had never been to before.

·
Registered
21 MXZ XRS 850
3,775 Posts
^^^^^ no deals this year. You will pay premium thanks to Covid

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah I sold my dirt bike for 600 more then I paid a few years ago at the beginning of this nonsense. I'll probably list my sled for 5k and see what offers it brings.

Honestly I may be taking a year off from owning this season. Gotta get some things in order. But my wife is down for renting so maybe we travel a bit further!

·
doughnut boy
10,288 Posts
You may have to travel a ways to get one your looking for. Check Craigs List and Face book in other areas. I would drive up to 200 miles and maybe more for the right sled and deal. I drove 160 miles one way to buy a sled and 140 one way last fall for a sled trailer. Both were just what I was looking for and good deals. Was well worth the drive. I looked at each as an adventure and went to towns I had never been to before.
Ive done the same thing buying stuff plus road trips are fun to

·
doughnut boy
10,288 Posts
I hear you 9formula...

Im looking at buying this year myself not much in the used market tho. but I did find a 21' I like close to home thinking of picking up now. I almost got the wife convinced I need it...

then maybe selling my gade just because I know I can get top dollar for it this year at least more then If I waited til next year

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Of course there's sleds for sale, but there are next to none of the ones I mentioned, freerides and backcountry X's.

·
Super Moderator
29,359 Posts
I just sold mine. It was supposed to be sold earlier, we were just trying to get our schedules lined up to get it delivered. In the mean time I literally had 12 people in line waiting to take a look. I had a dealer call and offer cash.

The original guy kept jerking me around so I canned the deal. I emailed the next guy who had asked, he came a few days later and bought it.

There may be sleds for sale if you're looking for an older model. The newer nicer stuff is in short supply - no matter what Brad says. :lol:

At least its that way around here.

Reactions: 74Craig

·
Registered
5,063 Posts
It is the hoarders creating the shortage. Like Toilet Paper!!

haha

Yeah, people are hanging onto stuff, which is kind of crazy because there are a lot of people that need money too.

·
Banned
7,722 Posts
I put mine up for sale Friday and sold it today. I would say three days is pretty quick.

·
Registered
2022 Backcountry X Blue/Orange
91 Posts
I'm waiting on confirmation that my spring order is in until I put mine up for sale. Original plan was to delay picking up my '21 BCX once it's in and try and sell my '14. If it didn't sell then just trade it in, but it seems like selling shouldn't be a problem. Even if it doesn't sell by the time I have to take delivery of the '21 I'll probably hang onto it and see what I can get. Trade offer this spring was like $2500 less than KBB and NADA shows for private party now.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Sold mine this year and got more than expected. Drove 160 miles to buy my new leftover 2019 900T enduro. Got it for cheaper than used adrenaline models

·
Registered
906 Posts

Why don't you check on FB marketplace???? Lots of sleds for sale including freerides and bcx.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts