Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Highlife says: "UpAndOver Baby!"
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Americans need to lay the hammer down on the Finns ....

I want to see them play a little more. I find it interesting how good all the European teams are lately, they are full of NHL Superstars as well.

·
Registered
8,072 Posts
Well, pick your favorites everyone, both Canada and the US knocked out in today's quarter-final hockey games...

Sorry, can't talk about it right now, I need to drink some Canadian and mourn with my beaver-clad brethren....

·
Registered
591 Posts
papasled said:
Well, pick your favorites everyone, both Canada and the US knocked out in today's quarter-final hockey games...

Sorry, can't talk about it right now, I need to drink some Canadian and mourn with my beaver-clad brethren....

[snapback]729954[/snapback]​
i think the main reason canada lost is because they think there all that at hockey and thought they had it made. come on now all the other teams over seas were playin way better hockey we over here were just way to sloppy and no defense at all!!!!!

now i need snow

·
Registered
500 Posts
Just a thought. The euro teams have an easier time to become somewhat a "TEAM" than the north americans (USA & CANADA).
It's truely a joke to bring a group of guys to the olympic's get off the plane and what have 1 HR of ice time together a day before you start to
play. All the talent in each country on one team does not make a great team, it makes a so so team with alot of great individuals. Lets start sending quality TEAM's to play in the Olympic's so we can watch what should be the best games ever. The russian/euro teams have always
been a puck control power and this is why they can adapt to this no time to practice together better than the north americans. When would you ever think you would see Canada get shut out in 3 of the games in the Olympic's?

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
MTM said:
Hockey needs to go back to non-NHL players and have teams that can practice for months before the olympics.

Herb Brooks was right...all-star teams dont work.
[snapback]729998[/snapback]​

·
Highlife says: "UpAndOver Baby!"
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
iasauto said:
Wayne Gretski was a big mistake, should have gotten a coach that knew what he was doing
[snapback]731132[/snapback]​
I agree, I think Pat Quinn sucks as a coach. Old school stuff doesnt work against European hockey on Olympic Ice ... they pass to good and have serious moves .. N. American hockey likes to hit and choke up the ice space.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts