Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got back from the yamaha 07 convention. And after looking at the new phazer we might have a contender in the big bumps. It feels just as much rider forward as my rev and It is a pretty neat sled. So It will be interesting how they will match up in the real world next year ,if we get any snow but hey .at this rate my new 06 mxz600 sdi will still be pretty much new next year.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Dave250r said:
I just got back from the yamaha 07 convention. And after looking at the new phazer we might have a contender in the big bumps. It feels just as much rider forward as my rev and It is a pretty neat sled. So It will be interesting how they will match up in the real world next year ,if we get any snow but hey .at this rate my new 06 mxz600 sdi will still be pretty much new next year.
[snapback]728642[/snapback]​
did you go to the traverse city 07 yamaha show? i would like to take the phazer for a ride.

·
Registered
137 Posts
From what my friends reported, yes it seems to handle the bumps well...something like 16 inches of rear travel. They thought it would be a great second sled, like for freestyling, etc. The seat is hard as a rock and is very similiar to a motocross seat and the wind protection is non-existent. Just their opinion, they thought it was neat and a good attempt, but not a rev by any means.

·
REV XP Nut
1,248 Posts
There is no comparison the phazer only goes 80 top speed and about 45 to 50 in 6 in of snow it rides like a bike its fun as a play sled but it is no REV I rode them monday at the Gaylord dealer ride

·
Registered
8,113 Posts
not sure how that equates to trouble...

yammie talks a big game but NOONE buys them... they sell hardly any sleds compared to the major two and still not real close to number 3...

looks like the frestyle may have some competition but little else!

go yammie!

I whish more guys that talk the big game would switch and buy Yammie sick of seeing all REVs on the trails- (but I can hardly blame anyone for choosing the REV)

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Yamaha beats SKIDOOS butt when it comes to price. I payed $11,200 canadian for my 2006 gade 600 sdi and theres is Apex's (150HP)for sale in our province for $9800 brand new. Now you tell me what the $%#@ is up. I luv my rev but man that is cheap.

·
one fast 98 mach-z
1,328 Posts
Renegade Scotty said:
Yamaha beats SKIDOOS butt when it comes to price. I payed $11,200 canadian for my 2006 gade 600 sdi and theres is Apex's (150HP)for sale in our province for $9800 brand new. Now you tell me what the $%#@ is up. I luv my rev but man that is cheap.
[snapback]728693[/snapback]​
I would like to see the 150 hp fuel injected {never melt a piston} yamaha {22 mpg} four stroke that I saw one with 23,000 miles on its original engine put in a gade 1000 x model so I could take it for a rip. I have not heard one bad thing about this engine,as for the rest of the sled,yamaha can keep it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I don't know how the skidoo freestyle would compete with this thing because the skidoo freestyle is a 300 fan, while the phazer is a 500 liquid. But I don't know which sled would win in looks!

·
Registered
522 Posts
Renegade Scotty said:
Ummmmmmmm if you paid that for a 600 sdi gade then your behind must hurt really bad

·
Registered
346 Posts
Hands down the yammie is a good motor, but only makes 138 to 142 dyno hp, and for price my 05 800-x gade was 8450 otd.........and I spring ordered it! and it 100 lbs lighter , not to mention your not riding the couch around, yeehaw !!!!!!! go yamaflop....

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
I wouldn't have paid 11,200 for an 800 much less a 600. You poo'd the scrooch

·
Registered
173 Posts
i don't think the phazer will have any competition at all. it will be the only thing left sitting on the showroom floor. who is going to buy something that UGLY.

·
Registered
485 Posts
skidoo said:
I wouldn't have paid 11,200 for an 800 much less a 600. You poo'd the scrooch
[snapback]728972[/snapback]​
that's 11,200 cdn, about 9600 us

·
Registered
545 Posts
Renegade Scotty said:
All I have to say is.. You get what you pay for!!!!

·
Mod'n is my thing
6,288 Posts
I'd rather have the Phazer for my boys than the Freestyle. The Freestyle is only a single banger with inferior shocks and a-arms.

I'll bet the Phazer will last 2-3 times longer than the Freestyle...so right there makes them the same price over the long haul.

I'm glad the kids now have a choice and congrats to Doo and Yami for making some intermediate sleds for beginners.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Renegade Scotty said:
You paid quite and amount for your Gade. I have a buddy that bought an 2005 Gade 800 SDI and paid $7,100 brand spankin' new. That seems like alot of money for your sled. Have a good one. YAMAHA SUCKS.

==if you go from DOO to Yamacrap, then you have big issues and have no clue who you are==

·
Metalhead
9,088 Posts
I think it's about time another brand other than brp makes a nice "left toin at Albakoiky"...

I HOPE that Yammy is sandbagging with the power potential of that engine. Like cat's f7 merely jacking the fuel rail pressure and change a timing key now it has more hp than a ptek 800?
....so what can be in store for this little 80 Yammy? Mebbe it has the potential of the power of a upper end stock 600 2-stroke?

Great!
...it raises the bar in certain areas and will only spark more development from BRP.

I don't think that Yammy could have come at a better time; The average Joe-pedestrian mainstream snowmobiler doesn't know that there is a whole different culture of young snowmobilers that are here right now and are coming/getting older. Im sure it will only be the beginning of another great chapter in innovation and raise the skill level of younger underground extreme & wannabe extreme snowmobilers.

BRAVO Yamaha!!!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts