Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am replacing the upper A arm on the left side of my 03 Rev, just wondering if i can use the bushing from the bent one that I am taking off the sled? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank You

·
Premium Member
11,990 Posts
Sure can but if they're the original bushings they're shot, revs are noted for the el cheapo plastic bushings wearing fast. fellow dootalker snowshooter sells a great oil impregnated bronze replacement kit. Its worth the $$$$.

·
Premium Member
11,990 Posts
$79 If you scroll down the stuff by dootalkers page and you'll find them, along with alot of other neat stuff. Made my rev front end smooth and snug again.

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
If your upper arm is bent u may have other damage to the nun. It takes a lot to bend the arms. And usually its the nun that bends before the a arms.

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Its the crossmember. The thing that everything on the front end bolts too. A arms, shocks, steering linkage. its what gets damaged whenever the front end takes a good hit. Look behind the exhaust silencer probably bowed in or out and your shocks will not be centered in between the upper a arms. I'm guessing that your shock spring is touching the upper a arm correct?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I will have to take a look at the nun in the morning. I sure hope it isn't tweaked. What kind of expense would I be looking at if that is the case? Thank You for your info!!!

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Around $300 to $450 for the parts. And about 8 hrs labor. Search nun replacement. You will find all the info you may need. And if you don't I just did mine a few months ago and would be happy to help if I can as are many other guys on here. Just ask

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I will let you know what I find when I have a chance to look at it in the morning. I will be sleeping with my fingers crossed tonight. Thank You, snyperxrs for your info.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just had a chance to take a good look under the sled, everything looks intact with the nun, from what I can tell. It looks straight and I didn't see any cracks. I am going to bolt the shock and upper A arm on and take it to the mechanic who does work for me when I need it. Let him take a look and hopefully he doesn't find anything either. Have to make sure it is ready to go when the snow flies.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Sorry to hijack but I've got some of the same questions. Last year I came down pretty hard on the front after a jump went wrong and now my left ski is about 2 inches further back than the right. I haven't taken the hood and side panels off yet but nothing visible is obviously bent. My left shock is not touching the a-arm but it's not centered either. Been reading a lot of threads on bent nuns trying to get a really good idea what all to check.

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Sometimes its not easy to see. but if you look at the front of your bottom a arms standing to the side of your sled it should form a straight line with the other side a arm. Also steer it lock to lock and see if any thing hits the steering linkage under the pipe. It doesn't take much to move a ski that much. A 1/4" off at the bolt of the a arm can be 2" off down by the ski. Also check your ball joints and look behind the exhaust can for warpage.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts