Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner

Updated pics of SnoWorx custom 700

1K views 20 replies 8 participants last post by  mxzx5 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hey guys, finally got around to getting some updated pics of my project. This is what the sled looks like right now, and should be done in the next week or so. Each picture will be described in detail. Let me know what you think.

First is a pic of the PEM billet flame wheels mounted. The rears are 8" with a Mountain Machines Freedom axle.

Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Crankset Automotive design

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Next is the boss seat mounted. I do have to say that this seat has made a big difference in comfort. 3 inches may not seem like alot but now I can ride with my feet below me, like a rev, only I am not pushed forward like a rev. I am 6' and it seems real comfortable. The seat was probably my favorite mod on the machine so far. I highly recommend one for anyone who rides a traditional sled and is starting to feel bunched up with their feet in front of them. Because that is how I used to feel, and now with my feet below me, I feel more comfortable and more in control with a tall riser.

Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Yellow Motor vehicle

Attachments

#5 ·
Next are the handlebars. They are rev 440 bars, with pre-bent j-hooks in them. The riser is a 6" powermadd pivot riser with adapter. Total height of bars are 7 1/4 ". I extended the brake and throttle jut to play it safe. I got the extended brake line and throttle extension from powermadd also. The bar pad is made by one industries who makes them for moto-x bikes. And the handguards are acerbis with powermadd mounts. I also put a rev kill switch block on to clean the bars up.

Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Hood Light Automotive design

Attachments

#6 ·
Next is the motor. My top end got sent to Sled Head Racing where Big John ported the cylinders, setup a rkt head with 13:1 compression, put wiseco coated 670 H.O dual ring pistons in, and setup a team clutch for it. The power is difinitely alot more noticeable and with the team clutch it seems to shift smoother. I still have some tuning in the clutch to do, but we still need snow over here. I am running a Dynoport single pipe into a kessel can. The y-pipe also got ceramic coated at Jet-Hot. The pipe made a noticeable gain from bottom to top, and was about 10-12 lbs. lighter than stock.

Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system

Attachments

#9 ·
Last pic is of my cobra red chrome windshield cut down to 9". This mod made the sled look totally different. Once my hood is finished, I will post a pic of the finished project accept for the chrome trailing arms. Those will be done soon. What do you guys think?

Comfort Automotive design Red Wood Art

Attachments

#12 ·
tunnel supports came with the sled. In 03 the adrenaline package sleds came with the supports and the rail grips. They work great, I noticed they do not bend or flex like the running boards without them. Definitely worth putting them in if you notice yours are flexing.

#16 ·
mxzx5 said:
tunnel supports came with the sled. In 03 the adrenaline package sleds came with the supports and the rail grips. They work great, I noticed they do not bend or flex like the running boards without them. Definitely worth putting them in if you notice yours are flexing.
[snapback]686924[/snapback]​
Thanks for the input, mine are flexing, they just have the little 'fishbones' type on there right now. But I am looking for something different to use, eaither the ones like yours or maybe some from poo...Haven't really decided what to do! Thanks again for the info....

#19 ·
The fitch's work pretty good for keeping the fuel fresh I don't know if they give any hp gains but I know they keep the fuel up to grade and fresh all year round. The idlers have held up pretty good so far, I have jumped the sled a good amount of times and they have not bent yet. We'll see how they hold up.

#20 ·
Sweet Ride must go like he**

Sorry this is off topic but just curious if you've been up North recently. I'm down in Franklin Ma and my has been on the trailor all year. The NH boards have not been updated recently and I would like to hear the conditions first hand.

Thanks in advance and sorry again about being off topic

#21 ·
From what I have been hearing, errol north is suppose to be good riding as long as you stay out of the town trails. All the logging roads are good, and this was before the snow they got and are suppose to be getting more as the week goes on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.